2004 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
I recommend!
By DanielJKaser on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Comfort 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car a few days ago. I have had a great time driving thus far and I look forward to driving it every time I go outside. Although I have not stepped on it (regardless of the apparent factory breaking in) I feel as though I should give it at least 500 miles of easy driving to keep the seals from busting. I outran an Integra without evening givin it too much gas:)

Nice job Ford
By cfunk32 on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car!Just bought an '04 ZX5 2.3L Man Comfort with the Audiophile & Moonroof upgrade. I love it. Drove my wife's 2001 ZX3 2.0 Auto for six months (finished lease) after she got a new car. I liked the 01 but not the noise & lack of power. Ford really improved upon the car in 3 years. My 04 is sweet! Rides great; no noise at 80mph. Bumps are like gentle kisses. 2.3 fast. Black of course. Pirelli P6s are nice too.

Drove 200 miles just to get it!
By yzassandy82 on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am absolutely in love with this car! I had to drive 200 miles to get it, since Villa Ford didn't want to do a dealer trade(don't buy from them), but it was well worth it. The drive up from Anaheim to Santa Maria was relaxing. To add to my satisfaction the car was washed and ready to go when I arrived. My ZX5 is charcoal grey w/ the 2.3L PZEV, a/t and everything else but leather(since the premium cloth is excellent). I traded in an 03 Mustang V6 with no regrets! It provides excellent handling, a smooth ride, and ample interior room. The 25% insurance savings helped too! Arguably one of the best Fords, make that CARS, on the road.

Simply Incredible
By Andrew Henderson on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This will be my 3rd focus purchase in the last three years. I run my own business and I travel everyday! The Focus is the answer to the ever so rising gas prices. I have gone through such models as the SE, ZTS, and now the ZX3 Premium. I purchased my first focus in 2001 and haev traded them in every year becasue Ford has made imporvements every year on them. It trully the best economical car out there!

Very nice and fun car to drive
By Brian Blum on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Comfort 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car better than the Civic and Corolla. The car is quiet and smooth. The 2.3 litre engine pulls nicely and is very quiet. The handling is very satisfing. The draw backs are the design for rear seat entry is confusing resulting in messing up the seat back angle adjustment. I also think the engine deserves a smoother gearbox which does not compare to my old Accord's or the new Honda's gearboxes. I wish the hatchback had 6 inches more available for loading. It fits my bicycles but the length is tight.

owner
By chiekh on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Driving the focus so has been a fun experience.

Love this car.
By chunt777 on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was really sceptical about this car when qwe went to buy it. I thought it would be under powered and un comfortable. I am a big person over 6' tall and weight to go with it. To my suprise you could adjust the seat to fit even my size. My wife fell in love with it but i was still leary. After a couple of weeks and driving it myself,though I dont get to drive it veroften it's "Her" car, my mind was tottaly changed. It is very peppy for a four banger and a blast to drive. Another huge plus is the stereo rocks. Over ll this car is awsome.

A Clean Green Sports Machine
By clintondee on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

WoW! The New Partial Zero Emmission 2.3 liter engine from Ford is a real treat. Not only is the engine much more powerful than the z-tec it emits close to no harmful emissions. Emission related components are covered up to 15 years or 150,000 miles! The zx5 interior is exceptionally roomy and its dash is stylish and well laid out. The cd/mp3 player is great. The hatchback design coupled with the four doors makes the Zx5 a real family car. Access to all seats is good and there's actually alot of room behind the rear seats for groceries. Fold down the rear seats and you have a ton of useable space. In all the zx5 is great@!

Love my Focus
By Teppi on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had a horrible buying experience at Earnhardt Ford in Phoenix, AZ, but thank goodness I ended up with such a great vehicle! The gas mileage is great and it drives so smooth and sporty. I was originally looking at buying a Toyota Matrix, but decided on the Focus instead because of the value. It is a more affordable car with virtually the same features.

Red Focus
By LilredFocus on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned many Ford products from the Bronco II, Thunderbird, Bronco, F250 Super Duty 4x4 Truck. As you can see we are a Ford family. I bought the Focus ZX5 four door because I really liked the look. I love my car it is great on gas mileage and driving it is a pleasure. It is sporty enough that my 15 year old son wants it when he turns sixteen to paint on hop it up. It is also roomy enough for the whole family to ride. We do alot of traveling and it does great.