2004 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great Expectations
By Davie L on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

are met by this little SVT Focus. I haven't had it long, but can't resist reviewing it with a rave. I have been looking at it and others for months. I was going to wait for the new mustang, but just had to have this little silver 3-door svt. The last one in my area and a good deal did the trick. The SVT embodies just the type car I have always loved: small, high revving, great handling little rockets [vw scirocco, fiat 124 spyder, 131 brava, 128 4 dr., new beetle - well the last 2 weren't rockets]. It has not disappointed. It's fun to drive. The styling is just fine. Car and Driver magazine is right about the 10 best; this one sure belongs.

my review
By Charlotte Mcphail on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The response of the SVT is reason enough to buy it!!!!

Great So far
By Jimmy DeLoche on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

There were some problems when I first got it with the timing. After two computer upgrades, it's running stong. Fun=value=10

S upermod's Review
By Supermod26 on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Car is fun to drive, have not had long enough to give a good review..

EXCELENT FUN & EXCITEMENT
By joe drake on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love my focus! My wife had a 2001 zx3 when they came out with the svt after driving the zx3 three I new this was something I had to drive. I loved the way the zx3 handle and it had a nice amonent of horse power. When I new i could aFord a new car. I had to test drive the focus svt. I was in love if i could get a so called nicer more pricy car I would have to pass. This car moves on demand the only thing I would ever drive is a more powerful focus. I didn't just buy a svt zx5 but also bought a zx5 for my wife to replace her zx3. Because now we have to kids the focus svt zx5 gives me the fun of a sports car and the comfort to carry my to kids in style.

great car
By terry b on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had the SVT about a month, and it has met my high expectations. For the money, nothing can touch it. Drove it 1800 miles up and down the Oregon coast, and had too much fun... the only car that could stay with it was a 740i that took me on an uphill passing lane... The car is docile around town, but when it comes on the cam, it's like Jekyll and Hyde. My brother has a Cooper S, and the SVT has equivalent performance, a better ride, a usable back seat and costs $6K less... the Cooper is cuter, though. Only problem has been that throwout bearing noise, which seems to be chronic with these cars

Family Focus
By Inhispeace on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This vehicle has great driving ability, I do not know about it's reliablity because of the fact that I have not owned it, but just under 3 months.

Get one while you still can
By slothbert on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car at MSRP; with current Ford rebates, it's a steal...but not for much longer, '04 is the last year for the SVT Focus. It's a terrific driver's car with superb steering, handling, and brakes, and a strong engine (though power delivery could be better). Early Focus problems seem to be worked out; build quality is great and the SVT is tight as a drum. It's a blast to drive, but works as a practical, roomy hatchback too. I'm surprised it hasn't been more popular--its price and quality make it superior to Civic Si, GTI, etc.

Fun SVT
By gordyd3 on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Svt Focus, and my fourth Svt Vehicle(two Lightnings). SVT vehicles are the best blend of engineering you can buy in a production vehicle. They build a "balanced" package. Performance, style, handling all in one vehicle....Amazing! I was going to wait and buy another Focus Svt in a couple of years...sadly, Ford is no longer going to make this vehicle, when I found out I ordered another one.

cool svt
By aschem on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Overall fun car to drive. Nice looking too.