Used 2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Driver's Seat Design Flaw
By Ken Vinson

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2-door SVT and the only problem I have experienced is with the driver's seat. If you drive with the seat bottom raised up in the back, you have to remember to lower it if you pull the seat back forward to let someone in the back seat. Otherwise, over time it will rub a place in the lower seat cushion. The Ford dealership where I bought my SVT is replacing mine free of charge this time. The service writer at the dealership agreed it is a design flaw. Now all I have to do is tie a string around my finger and remember to lower the seat cushion when I have passengers for the back-seat. :}

Comfortable ride, good handling and great sound system. 6-speed transmission makes it fun to drive.

Fix driver's seat where it doesn't rub in any position.

Love this liitle hatch!
By eap

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The SVT Focus is an amazing car, especially for the money. It is the best handling car I have ever driven. The inside isn't luxurious but it's well done and all the controls are in just the right spot. It's the perfect mix of fun, value and practicality.

Transmission, brakes, hatchback

The seats could be more supportive.

Great Car
By Medic

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just love this car! I have had 3 Mustangs and 2 Chevy Trucks and this is the best car I have had to date. The fun to drive factor is very high. I love the handling that this car has. Since this car has a 4 banger, the the power is in the mid to upper ranges of the power curve. I have the European Appearence Package(sunroof, Heated Recaro leather Seats, Audiophile 6 disk indash changer, engine block heater, HIDs, and 16 spoke argent wheels). I need a sporty car that I could commute to work in (90+ miles a day) I have found it. You cant go wrong with this car!

6 speed trany, Euro Package, Handling, brakes, massive aftermarket for upgrading

Everyone wants more power, XM radio option

Great Expectations
By Davie L

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

are met by this little SVT Focus. I haven't had it long, but can't resist reviewing it with a rave. I have been looking at it and others for months. I was going to wait for the new mustang, but just had to have this little silver 3-door svt. The last one in my area and a good deal did the trick. The SVT embodies just the type car I have always loved: small, high revving, great handling little rockets [vw scirocco, fiat 124 spyder, 131 brava, 128 4 dr., new beetle - well the last 2 weren't rockets]. It has not disappointed. It's fun to drive. The styling is just fine. Car and Driver magazine is right about the 10 best; this one sure belongs.

The 6-speed transmission and positive clutch feel; leather wrapped steering wheel; good visibility; great handling; and finally, the styled wheels - coolest wheels I've ever seen.

A little more low end torque, but I'm not complaining.

my review
By Charlotte Mcphail

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The response of the SVT is reason enough to buy it!!!!

The 6 speed transmission...... da!

head lights.... ?