2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
MOST FUN CAR TO DRIVE
By PURPLE-LOBSTER on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

THIS CAR IS WITHOUT THE MOST FUN FOR THE BUCK. IT STOPS,GOES AND HANDELS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER CAR FOR THE SAME MONEY. MY FRIENDS WITH TOYOTAS LOVE TO DRIVE THIS "AMERICAN" CAR. THEY EVEN WANT ONE. ONE WORD FOR THE SVT FOCUS---- --FUN-FUN-FUN

A Great Little Car
By AllanPaul on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I leased a 2-door Ford Focus for three years. I loved the car. It handles like a charm and is exceptionally roomy for a vehicle of this type. I drove it cross-country. It was comfortable and pleasureable to drive. I just put gas in. No problems. In fact, I liked the car so much, I bought one when the lease ran out...the 5-door model (4-door + hatchback). It is well designed, very dependable and a great family car. With the back seats down, you can carry almost anything. This car is a smart buy.

It is a wagon with a Blaupauck standard
By leonkreb on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

2 kids and no more Mustang opted 4 a wagon over an SUV and didn't want to pay much: frugal CPA. Handles fine, nice pickup 4 a small engine (had 2 Mustangs since 17). Inside is ok in fit however I am 6'3" 275 with a 56 jacket size & 23" arms (competitive strongman)(I can not fit in the yupo BMW 3 series or Audi). The stereo is great: Blaupauk that is standard CD MP3 player. Just wish the rear seats fell flush when down. Looks exactly like Volvo V40 (Ford owns Volvo) for 10K less minus sun roof & leather seats. If you need a slant on your front grill 4 10K more go 4 it. My wife's 2 friends have the Volvo & they even said it is same just less frilly.

Great Little Car
By IseeClearly on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a delight to drive and pleasure to own. I've been able to haul considerably large loads in it - to my satisfaction. It consumes a bit more gas than it should; my 15 year old compact sedan consumed far less even in its last months. It has a tendency to reach high speeds before I know it; hard to avoid speeding. The upholstery is poor, but the seat is comfortable for me. I had no options for better tires so the ride can be rough at times.

A hidden jewel in segment
By Gman1Wine on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I come from a large family where I've had ample opportunities to own various vehicles, which have mostly been imports. I took a risk with the Focus, and I am suprisingly happy. I am an extremely demanding owner, and I couldn't find even one flaw the first 60 days. One exception was the inaccurate fuel gauge tha left me stranded for 1/2hr. Otherwise, much larger than it appears and very fun to toss into curves/corners. Granted, it's no BMW like my other car, but much more rewarding than a toyota or even honda. Hope there's more of this from Ford.

Incredible for the money!
By Joseph Kissel on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Focus when a fireman returned from the wreckage of the World Trade Center and decided life was too short to be driving a Focus hatchback -- even one with the Euro-tuned suspension and ALL the goodies. So he traded it in for a Mustang. I've driven both, and the Focus ZX3 is much more fun, functional and funky. Two years later I still sneak into the garage to admire it. Save for one bad start, it's been as reliable as a gas stove. Inside, it's roomy without being a hog on the road, in parking spots or at the gas station. In short, there's a reason it's the only "cheap" car on Car and Driver's 10 Best List four years running.

I Love My Focus
By RHenson32 on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever purchased. I recomend it to anyone. Young, old, first, last car; It's perfect. I'm 22 and this car is great. It's comfortable, and good looking, which is what I was looking for.

I would love to purchase a focus!
By student of cet on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I never purchased a focus before but in due time Iwould to buy one so that i can injoy the luruxy of an focus and is a perfect car for me sense i have no kids yet!

focus on fun
By rhbaker1995 on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The ford focus is a well built fun to drive inexpensive vehicle and for all you hot rodders there are also an abundance of performance parts for this vehicle I highly recommend the focus for anyone who is looking for inexpensive transportation that is reliable fun to drive and looks good

Focus wagon Excellant to the travler
By dthatsme on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I normally drive a C 5 Vette but on the road for work I drive the Focus Loaded wagon interior all leather excellant gas saver and a lot of space for hauling what I need in the work force.Im a Quality Rep. and highly recomend this car.