Used 2004 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Mixed feelings
By Shirl

2004 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I do not like cars, but needed a vehicle and got a good deal on the Ford Focus. I have been amazed with its reliability, comfort and ease of driving. It is a very comfortable car to drive, and I drive in winding mountainous terrain. It drives well in the winter in snow. Very comfortable and reliable, but I just personally like SUVsl

Reliability. Never gives any problem. 62,000 miles and has just had general oil changes etc.

For a car it is unbeatable

2004 Ford Focus ZTS Sedan 2.3
By Focus # 2

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Primarily a Toyata fan, this became my second Focus following an accident totaling the one I purchased in 2003. the biggest problem I have had was with a brake caliper sticking wearing out the low profile tires on the front end. Overall, tire wear has continued to be a problem I had never experienced.

Enjoy styling & often get comments on the color, "Tundra", light metallic green. Enjoy the roominess.

Access to the air filter could be better.

My Ford Focus
By Debra Anne

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought my Focus I was looking for a reliable affordable car to get my kids to school, me to work and to the supermarket. But I have to say it is really a pleasure to drive. It responds quickly and tightly to any kind of situation. Smooth shifting, great mileage, and a fun ride overall. A fun fun road trip car. And after three years of a NYC commute and transporting teenagers it is still in excellent condition - not a tick or a sputter. I did my brakes and will do my shocks but this is totally chalked up to NYC roads and driving conditions.

My moonroof and my 6-cd changer.

Headrest placement is uncomfortable for short chick with ponytail. There's no good setting.

Decent Car for the Money
By dgk

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Originally, I had wanted an SE, since I didn't really need all of the extra junk that the ZTS has. However, since it was the end of the model year I ended up getting a good deal on the ZTS. The 2.3L engine is quite peppy for a 4 cyl, and the car handles like a sports car that costs thousands more. The interior is quite comfy and can easily hold four people without much effort. The trunk is surprisingly large, probably due to the height of the back of the car. The styling of the car is okay I guess, but I am not much into that sort of thing. My only complaints are that the fuel mileage is very disappointing for a supposed economy car, and it seems like the exterior scratches easily.

Powerful engine for a 4 cyl, sporty handling, spacious trunk for a small sedan

Better gas mileage

Most fun car I've ever had
By Barry V

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The version has power and PZEV to boot! I was glad to finally turn in the mini van for this. Its always fun to drive. Only things I've improved was to change the radio from 6 dish CD to Mach 500, 6 disk and new speakes. Added cabin filter (it really works well). High performance rotors and pads.

205 50/16 tires. Mach 500 6 disk CD/radio. Power everything. Moonroof

More power, 144 bph is very nice but 175 + would be excellent. I would sacrifice PZEV for that. V8, manual trans with rear wheel drive