2004 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Disappointed
By Tracey on 03/25/06 06:20 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was really looking forward to owning one of these cars, because all I had heard was positive feedback (car of the year, reliable etc.). I have had numerous problems with the car, first and foremost having to replace the transmission within the first week of ownership! Then before it turned 2 it overheated and had to be towed to the dealership. Also, the clutch to the a/c had to be replaced. I think I got a lemon and will replace as soon as possible! Don't take the chance on this car!

Ford mess up!
By Playboy32783 on 03/14/06 16:01 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Since April of 2005 I have had a problem with the ABS and brake light, was not fixed correctly until December 2005. The emergency brake cable snapped, the speedometer was replaced, my windshield was leaking (was replaced before for a defect in the factory glue that holds the rubber seal), a piece of the arm rest keeps falling off! The button to lock the rear power windows gets jammed all the time, fixed once before, still getting jammed! (This was a brand new car when I bought it). More new problem occruing. too much to list. I do enjoy the design of the car, but there are just too many problems with it.

one of the best cars i ever owned
By martha bowen on 03/04/06 17:03 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the best cars I have ever owned. The comfy drive, roomy interior; I love the gas mileage and reliability and I drive a lot with no worries. Would buy another Focus any day.

Not satisfied
By jaladymaverick on 02/22/06 21:17 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am not happy with the noise level from outside while driving. The car drives horribly in the winter due to being light weight. I am not getting the gas mileage I was anticipating.

Ford Focus
By Jim on 02/18/06 21:22 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Our 2004 Ford Focus has been a great dependable car. We enjoy the way it handles and the gas mileage. We will without a doubt be buying another Ford Focus.

I love my Focus
By Christine101101 on 11/23/05 16:35 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Focus. This is the second one I have owned. I totaled my first and walked away without a scratch. They are safe, reliable, fun, and affordable. I recommend them to all of my friends. Great car, especially for the price. I have the 2.3 liter engine and it can really go!

Great car
By Jim on 11/21/05 23:00 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second Focus we have purchased. We bought a basic, no options 4 door model for our daughter to use at college. Hard to beat the price for a nice, new car. The 2nd one we bought for my wife is a ZTS with most of the extras added. Again, hard to beat the price for a nice, "loaded" car.

I LOVE my '04 ZTS Sedan!
By SaraQuinn on 11/08/05 13:59 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love the extra 'kick' the 2.3L engine gives over the LX & SE versions, especially when passing the slower drivers in front of me. I'm glad I bought the '04 model before they took away the character of the car with the '05 model, like the homage to the Ford Oval in the dashboard vents, etc. The driver's cockpit has a nice tight feel to it & the location of the all controls is great. The car handles well, even at higher speeds (70-80 MPH). I never feel like the car is going to break away from under me. I haven't had to do any major work on the car & I'm at 34,000 miles in 19 months. The power sun/moonroof adds quite a bit of fun.

One Look and Fell in Love
By Ryan Mikulovsky on 02/14/05 23:33 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The vehicle handles wonderfully well. It took to the Pacific Coast Highway with agility I would not have expected for a car at it's price level. It also impressed me when driving through Flaming Gorge on the way to Las Vegas. I did not experience any loss of power while running the AC. In city traffic it is very responsive. The standard transmission could feel a little more solid -- there is a tiny bit of detectable "give." I haven't had any problems with it except that my first oil change had to be postponed due to the new oil filter not having saturated the market yet. A chrome Harley filter could have worked.. but... :-) The filter is amazingly accessible.

Fab Focus
By bobby240 on 11/24/04 19:55 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A fine-handling and looking car with plenty of lux touches for the price. Performance is great with good economy. The interior is refreshingly stylish - a feature ruined on the '05s. The quality of interior materials is only so-so, however; my car had numerous trim defects. The hood is of too-thin metal and lacks an underside pad. The heater fan is noisy on higher settings, and using air con saps engine power considerably, esp. in 5th. The car is a little slow off the line (in 1st), but picks up in the higher gears. With the sloping hood it's hard to see the corners of the car. Overall, for the money the '04 Focus SE is a great buy.