2004 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Great So far
By Jimmy DeLoche on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

There were some problems when I first got it with the timing. After two computer upgrades, it's running stong. Fun=value=10

S upermod's Review
By Supermod26 on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Car is fun to drive, have not had long enough to give a good review..

Get one while you still can
By slothbert on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car at MSRP; with current Ford rebates, it's a steal...but not for much longer, '04 is the last year for the SVT Focus. It's a terrific driver's car with superb steering, handling, and brakes, and a strong engine (though power delivery could be better). Early Focus problems seem to be worked out; build quality is great and the SVT is tight as a drum. It's a blast to drive, but works as a practical, roomy hatchback too. I'm surprised it hasn't been more popular--its price and quality make it superior to Civic Si, GTI, etc.

Fun SVT
By gordyd3 on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Svt Focus, and my fourth Svt Vehicle(two Lightnings). SVT vehicles are the best blend of engineering you can buy in a production vehicle. They build a "balanced" package. Performance, style, handling all in one vehicle....Amazing! I was going to wait and buy another Focus Svt in a couple of years...sadly, Ford is no longer going to make this vehicle, when I found out I ordered another one.

best hatchback for the money
By racerjae on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is worth every penny, especially with the generous rebates. All the magazine reviews are correct. The car handles and brakes like a race car. Although the SVT Focus is sluggish at low rpms, it comes on forcefully (like a turbo) at mid to high rpms. It has a nice exhaust note that's not offensive like aftermarket ones, and the telescoping and tilting steering wheel allows for the perfect driving position. The performance, practicality, utility, and fun to drive aspects of this car are unmatched. If you can find one without the unnecessary options, buy it. I got mine (no options) for only $16,700 out the door! Definitely a no- brainer.

Edmunds doesn't know squat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By one_focused_svt on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Never had a problem this is a dream car for 20 grand couldn't ask for more, handleing is in a class of its own plenty of power, tranny is outstanding, over all this one gets a 15 out of 10! I WILL BE A REPEAT BUYER!

Awesome Car!
By Jeff Krug on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is great. It has good looks with comfor and and most of all great features such as hid headlamps and a indash six cd changer with subwoofer. I previously had a 20th anniversary gti but actually like the svt focus more in regards of the options it comes with. It even has a nicer closer shift than any other stick I have driven which includes a hist of great cars. Great price for a awesome car!

eat hondas for breakfast
By billmash on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is great!Anyone who is looking for a nimble hatch with lots of features has probably already been eyeballing this car.Don't let the ford badge deter you.Although this car is not as technologically advanced as the honda SI, let the SVT badge do all the talkin'.All the reviews I have read have done this car justice, quick, well built, and great styling make this car very fun to drive.More room than the SI too.Lets not forget about aftermarket goodies!Cold air intakes, pulleys, superchargers, and body kits, I am sure will find thier way on to my car!!

svt focus european edition(comp. orange)
By stingerjk on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My svt focus is a treat to drive.It fares well in the handling/cornering department.Brakes seem to have little fade during normal use.Power could be better with more torque,but it is plenty powerful for the street.Interior amenities are good with nice side bolstering on seats for hard cornering.Radio/cd player are decent in sound quality as are the speakers and sub.The wheel and tire package sports a great look with performance to match.All in all, this is a cool ride to run around in.

SVT FOCUS
By firestopper on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. I drove the civic Si the same day I drove this SVT. I fell in love with this car the moment I sat in the seat. It beats the Si, hands down. Fun car to drive.