Used 2004 Ford Focus SVT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Worth every penny!
By burs757

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

i test drove almost every "hot hatch" avaliable at the time, and none could compete with the overall package Ford has put together, i have had this vehicle for almost a year and have no major complaints with anything. there have been a few trips to the dealership to work out PCM (computer) issues, but these were offset by the driving pleasure this vehicle serves up with every trip!! if you are in the market, i would definatly recomend snatching one of these up before they are no more. and spend the extra $$ and go with the Euro appearance package, the Recaro seats alone are worth the price!!

Sure Footed, excellent high end power and braking. the european appearance package (HID headlamps, Recaro sport seats, 15 spoke gunmetal wheels, plus every other option) adds a refined feel to this vehicle and sets it apart from the boy racer/huge spoiler tuner crowd.

could definatly use more power, up high the 2.0 liter lets loose and provides a nice kick in the pants, but down low is lack luster. a supercharger would have been an excellent addition by SVT. but the aftermarket companies have taken care of that.

Of course its an SVT
By Andrew De Lisle

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Having owned Ford for years I had no doubt it was going to be good. KNowing SVT and what they could produce I was a bit shy about a front wheel drive sports car. Over all it is a blast, the handeling is not as good as my SCCA Mustang but awsome for the road. The only down fall is the clutch. It is a performance clutch so like to be in or out and does not like stop and go traffic. The ride is not as stiff as you would expect it. Expect understear when cornering hard. When all is said and done I was impressed with what SVT has done with this little car and bould buy another one.

Six speed trany. It helps manage the power better and keep it power band almost all of the time.

SVT really needs a small V6 in this for more low end torque.

Dream
By soulpatch

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is truely awesome. I am an aggressive driver and it seems to know where I want to go before I do. Great pickup and awesome handling. Styling is eye catching and I get a lot of nods on the road. My SVT is fully loaded and the sound system is probably my favorite feature. The auto volumn control is top notch as well. Great car for the price and I would recommend this to anyone.

Sound system, suspension, tires, looks, features, interior design, size, exhaust note.

More power, more bottom torque. all season tires as an added option. fog lights on with just the parking lights

Loads of Fun!
By Nail_Biter

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When I first told my wife I was buying a Ford Focus, she just about died laughing! When she actually saw it and road in it, she changed her mind very quickly. I traded in a 2000 Nissan Maxima for this little rocket and I have never looked back. For what I paid for this car, it has to be the best money I have ever spent! Glad I got the last production year available. Not that it will be a collector's item any time soon, but I should have no problem selling it down the road. No plans to add any Mods to it. I am a purist at heart.

6 speed, HID lights, instrumentation panel is very cool, especially at night. Sporty rims and great tires! Love taking quick turns in it!

Since Ford has stopped production on the SVT Focus, all I can say is that I wish they would have increase the HP and Torque a bit more for their final production year. I really don't want to modify it at all.

The Real SUV
By Hot Tuna

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a real sport utility vehicle. If you live in a large city like I do (Chicago) you need a car that can fit the smallest spot and can carry all of your things when engaging in your annual move to another apartment. The audiophile sound system is bar none and the exceleration for a sub 20K, 4 cylender car is exceptional. People may smerk when you have a focus (those that don't know what an SVT is) but when laying the smack down on an eclipse GTS, passengers soon realize that this focus is on roids.

Everything except lack of middle consol

Middle Consol, a bit more umph wouldnt hurt, and thats about it