2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
FOCUSNME
By Eileen on 12/13/04 09:22 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great Car!! Only downfall is the color- YELLOW! But other than that this car is fun to drive and equipped with the 2.3l engine it has a great pick up. Seats are confortable and with the premium package the entire experience is excellent. I had a '01 Nissan Sentra before purchasing this Focus and it was definetly an upgrade. I would never trade this in for anything in its class!

Focus Driven
By Focus on Tracie on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving my new Focus ZX3 all over town and went on my first long trip, I have never had so much fun driving! The ride was comfortable and smooth, yeha for cruise control. I just want to say my car has not suffered a case of Focus abuse yet! Thanks Ford for making such a great vehicle! A Loyal Ford Driver!

Great Car Little Possible Improvments
By Chris Barton on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving my car. I dont have any options in it other then AC, CD player and cruise becaues Im 6'7 I can reach across the car easy. The only suggestion that I would have would be to maybe add a hood scoop. It is a sporty looking car and It would appeal to the teenage and younger crowd if you had a hood scoop like the mustangs, and maybe better city to highway mileage. 30 city and 35-40 highway would be able to compete better with the foreign cars in the economic standpoint.

Fun , but be ready to spend money repair
By Nip on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my Focus the first year, great handling. After that, I started having problems with the engine. They told me I was using the wrong gas (premium is bad, regular is good), and need to clean it up, my fault so no warranty and they charge me around $550...4 months later, problems with the brakes, pay $500. 1 year later, I problems with brakes again and some with engine injection. The injection, I suspect was the same old problem, but now it was a re-call (It has like 7 recalls since I bought it) the brakes cost me another $650 bucks. Know I am selling it, and believe me I not getting another Ford, much less a Focus.

My pocket-rocket economy car
By shoperX on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus' European heritage is evident when I hear the "thunk" when I close the doors, and when I zip up to 40mph on Sunset Blvd in a flash. The only time I need 1st gear is when leaving a standing stop uphill. It is so quit that I've trained myself to look at the tach before turning the key. Is this an economy car?

holla at the zx3
By alex chaos on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

over all i like the car

Love my little yellow car!
By sheltiehugger on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the cutest car I have owned. I just love it. It was made for the color yellow!

Great
By sdrtsbhrdubs57s on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I Love my ford focus!

Fo-toy
By Ferret42 on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving my focus, it is fun, affordable, gets great gas milage and is comforatable. I am almost 6 ft tall and was afraid I wouldnt fit, but I can comforatable drive with my 6'4" boyfriend in the pass. seat and 2 friends in the back. It is a stick shift and does have some get up and go- moe than I was expcting in a 4 cyl economy car.

MY ZX3
By ZX3yvr on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A blast to drive, but build quality a bit suspect in places, totally reliable. Fuel economy is atrocious, I average about 16mpg per US gallon around town and about 25mpg on the highway. My friend drives a Saab 900 turbo with 45 more bhp and manages about 22mpg around town, what gives Ford???!!!