Used 2004 Ford Focus Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

disappointing fuel economy
By jim worcester

2004 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Although we have only put on 6900 miles so far, I am disappointed with the fuel economy (5 speed manual). Much of our driving is rural and we are seeing generally slightly less than 30mpg. We are still driving our 1995 Ford Escort Wagon 5 speed manual with 220000 miles that is still getting close to 40mpg (summer). Owners manual said to wait until after about 5000 miles to check mpg, which we have and still hasn't improved.

Interior lites that stay on until car is started.

Why was the headlite switch moved to the dashboard (from the steering column)? Love the little wagons, but it is getting harder to find with 5 speed manual. Apparently roof rack is expensive option, about $100 for each crossbar.

04 Focus Wagon
By arp

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Nice driving feel suspension control. High praise, considering that I drive a Porsche on sunny days/weekends. Not the cushiest, most refined car in the world, but a LOT of bang for the buck. Wagon has more usable cargo space than any small SUV. My car is fully optioned out (as cheap VW Jetta with better performance). Regrettably, the wagon can no longer be purchased in better than SE trim. Worse, Ford no longer sells the 2.3L PZEV engine in the wagon. The 2.3 is way quieter than the 2.0; it drives MUCH better than its #'s would suggest (and its #'s are a lot better than the 2.0's). If you need a wagon but like the '05 ZTS performance, seek out an 04 ZTW, rather than an 05 SE.

Engine, suspension, driveability, handling

Add a rear seat courtesy light in the wagon. IMPROVE THE OWNER'S MANUAL. My car has a lock delay feature (apparently a rare feature included with highly optioned out ZTW's). The dealer had to call Detroit to figure out why my car's rear tailgate wouldn't lock immediately.

Second one we bought
By Barbieangel

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We love both our cars. People stopped us when we had our first one and when they first started coming out on the market and they loved the look and asked lots of questions. We save on gas, it handles well, plenty of room, can transport large objects in the back trunk area and you can't beat the price.

The roominess, the gas mileage and the look of it.

Good car for low price
By Mikeyman

2004 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I like the car and would recommend it to anyone who wants a decent car for a good price.

wd

wdwd

My New 2.3L 2004 Ford Focus (Automatic)
By grecinos

2004 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car! I had a 2001 Ford Mustang and the lease was due in early June 2004. I decided to turn in my mustang and get a Focus. I was worried about the power of the focus (especially after coming from a 6 cyl mustang). But to my surprise this little 2.3L engine puts out decent power for its size! It acutally feels a little more responsive on the low end than my mustang. The only time I notice the difference between the 2 cars is when I floor it on the highway. And even still the focus does a good job at getting up to speed. It's spacious, Economical, good looking, comfortable, and just feels right!

I love everything about my new focus, looks, handling, power, comfort.

The appearance of the dash could use a little improvement. BUT, this is such a minor detail.