2004 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
My SVT Focus
By **0*SILVERMAGIC*4** on 08/12/07 03:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Iíve had the car for 5 months, the exterior is great. Put a vinyl top dress it up and turn heads. Performance is awesome, wheels are great, steering and turning corners are fun, passing people on the highway is cool. The interior design is awesome looking. Seats are comfy and stereo sound system is great. 6 disk CD changer and green glow gauges. 6 speed manual transmission is great.

Great little car
By James on 06/23/07 20:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is the complete package. Sporty, well-appointed, practical, and comfortable. The engine has two personalities: docile and tame in normal driving, with excellent power when revving past 5500rpm. Great for the track, but it is a little hard to extract fun and performance on the street. Also surges when cruising. Aside from this, it's a great-looking little car with decent back seat room, and phenomenal cargo room for a compact. The handling is amazing considering its refined ride. Everything works, no rattles, and is thankfully very low-key as a performance vehicle. Mileage isn't impressive. List of features is excellent for a small car, and yetrelatively inexpensive. Highly recommended!

Fun little hot rod from SVT
By Chris on 05/19/07 11:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What a great car! Having owned SVT products in the past, I have always been impressed with the performance, handling and all around fun factor of these cars. This Focus was no exception. That being said, it does have it's "quirkiness", mainly that the engine has an emissions-control function that makes the revs hang in-between shifts and that the dual-stage flywheel takes some getting used to. However, these are easily corrected by a "tune" for the ECU. It also adds 10 HP to wheels and allows you to scan for DTC's. The car handles extremely well for a front driver. You can actually get it to four wheel drift!! I have the EAP package-a must have!

Love it!
By FocusFanatic on 04/19/07 09:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this '04 SVT back in August of last year in Nebraska, flew in signed the paperwork, and drove back to Ohio. I was not dissapointed. This car is fun to drive, great mileage, and with a few mods, you can up the ponies and the performance for just fraction of the costs for other vehicles.

A Blast to Drive
By Captcomputer on 12/31/06 13:35 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After doing my homework on this car I had to have one. The SVT is the most fun to drive for under $20k. For that little itch inside that we all have, it has that punch when you just want to shoot around a slowpoke in traffic. The ride is right on, not too stiff yet enough to throw it around a corner when in a hurry. Stereo is awesome for a compact car. Tire class is right up there. If you're asking for more then you're asking to much. Interior room is comfortable for such a small car. Even for backseat passengers it is capable of comfort. The sunroof and leather bolsters around cloth seats gives it a taste of luxury. Suspension is A+. There are affordable bolt-ons that make it even better. A+

I love my SVT!
By Dubs on 07/14/06 14:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my SVT ZX-5 for over 2 years now, and I love the car more now than I did when I bought it. The car loves an autocross course and twisty back roads. The silver exterior and the black leather with red insert interior look great.

Long Term Review
By RB on 01/05/06 11:47 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Today is my SVT's 2nd birthday, so I thought it deserved a review. If I had rated this car when I first got it, it would have scored lower, as this car just grows on you. I am but months from 50, and I find this car just a blast to drive on a daily basis. I have 6 cars (2 Porsches) so that's saying a lot! The "fun-to-drive" level is just off the charts. You can tool around getting great gas mileage, or punch it to the 7200rpm redline for big grins. Just way too fun. And the brakes are world class (I run some Baer and Wilwoods), as is the handling. Reliability has been superb. If you ever get a chance go buy one of these, they are just way too much fun, while remaining totally practical!

sports car in disguise
By recharged95 on 08/28/05 00:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the car with *the full package*. Not just shoving an S/C or turbo on for bragging rights, this car runs like a tuned European car WITH [some] torque. It handles, brakes, sounds (thumping stereo!), excellent road feel, and rides comfortably. Excellent daily driver for those on the go -- hatchback capability and room is excellent. This car is for people that know how to drive and wants a relaxing, involved driving experience. Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to drive and yet utilize the full potential of their car, hence it's demise :(. Only thing to look forward is most manufacturers have taken notice and are integrating SVT DNA into their lineups for better cars.

Most Fun for your Money
By shell2n on 01/19/05 19:12 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

A real blast of a car yet can be used for everyday driving. In fact, you want to drive more because of the fun of this car

Pocket Rocket
By ando21133 on 12/30/04 11:39 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The SVT Focus is a blast to drive. It does two things exceptionally well - going fast and cornering. If that's what you're looking for in a car, buy one. This car will turn corners at speeds you never though possible, and is very stable at speeds that will get you arrested rather than just a speeding ticket (if caught). For basic transportation, there are better choices, though. The car is not very roomy, the ride is a bit firm, the engine is loud, and its a Ford. Also, for its size, the gas mileage is terrible, and it requires minimum 91 octane fuel. My SVT five-door is my daily driver, and I'm very happy with the purchase.