2004 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Mixed feelings
By Shirl on 06/20/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I do not like cars, but needed a vehicle and got a good deal on the Ford Focus. I have been amazed with its reliability, comfort and ease of driving. It is a very comfortable car to drive, and I drive in winding mountainous terrain. It drives well in the winter in snow. Very comfortable and reliable, but I just personally like SUVsl

2004 Ford Focus ZTS Sedan 2.3
By Focus # 2 on 04/28/08 14:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Primarily a Toyata fan, this became my second Focus following an accident totaling the one I purchased in 2003. the biggest problem I have had was with a brake caliper sticking wearing out the low profile tires on the front end. Overall, tire wear has continued to be a problem I had never experienced.

My Ford Focus
By Debra Anne on 06/15/07 16:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought my Focus I was looking for a reliable affordable car to get my kids to school, me to work and to the supermarket. But I have to say it is really a pleasure to drive. It responds quickly and tightly to any kind of situation. Smooth shifting, great mileage, and a fun ride overall. A fun fun road trip car. And after three years of a NYC commute and transporting teenagers it is still in excellent condition - not a tick or a sputter. I did my brakes and will do my shocks but this is totally chalked up to NYC roads and driving conditions.

Decent Car for the Money
By dgk on 06/01/07 19:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Originally, I had wanted an SE, since I didn't really need all of the extra junk that the ZTS has. However, since it was the end of the model year I ended up getting a good deal on the ZTS. The 2.3L engine is quite peppy for a 4 cyl, and the car handles like a sports car that costs thousands more. The interior is quite comfy and can easily hold four people without much effort. The trunk is surprisingly large, probably due to the height of the back of the car. The styling of the car is okay I guess, but I am not much into that sort of thing. My only complaints are that the fuel mileage is very disappointing for a supposed economy car, and it seems like the exterior scratches easily.

Most fun car I've ever had
By Barry V on 04/11/07 15:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The version has power and PZEV to boot! I was glad to finally turn in the mini van for this. Its always fun to drive. Only things I've improved was to change the radio from 6 dish CD to Mach 500, 6 disk and new speakes. Added cabin filter (it really works well). High performance rotors and pads.

Zero To Hero
By Paul on 04/10/07 11:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my manuel Protege for this so my wife could drive also and hated it from the start because it was boring and I didn't have trust in Ford cars. Now it's my work car and after driving it more I have learned to love it and trust it. It's had zero problems so it's my hero. Just wish it was a manual with a cd player and power windows, but its the base. Overall this is the best vehicle to have for a work car. I hope it stays this good for the next 50k since its got 50k on it now.

Focus is junk
By Sharon Kemp on 10/18/06 08:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has mechanical problems.The front stablizer link went bad at 30,000 miles along with the wiper motor &cooling sensor.At 50,000 miles the doors would lock when the car was not running & would not let me back in,neither with the key or the remote.The gages would flip and wig out when it rained.The car would jump out of gear and down shift and the gear shift would not move out of gear.Loud knocking noise coming the front and re end.When I would take it to the Ford dealership they could never find any problems when they would drive it,but How could they hear anything when the AC would be on full blast and the radio on.They thought I was Crazy.So I bought a Toyota

Fun to drive
By Tono on 10/01/06 06:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great up and go, good looking.

2004 Ford Focus
By cagirl on 08/09/06 08:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's fun to drive, and gets great mileage. Only problem is squeaky breaks. I Love it.

Ford Quality
By brian on 04/28/06 18:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.3 engine is not as economical as the 2.0 but it is quick and smooth. Optional features such as moonroof and/or sports package give car a lot of character. Stock radio with cd has great sound. Heat and air work great. Trunk is larger than it looks and with fold down seats can haul many things. The more passengers, the better the ride. On the down side it has blind spots during rain and snow storms and does slide causing higher insurance premiums. Vehicle braking is slow but has been improved in 2005 models. Color choices are fair. Wipers don't overlap well causing restricted view at times (fair weather car). Overall affordable fun to drive small car with a lot of room inside.