2004 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Worth every penny!
By burs757 on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

i test drove almost every "hot hatch" avaliable at the time, and none could compete with the overall package Ford has put together, i have had this vehicle for almost a year and have no major complaints with anything. there have been a few trips to the dealership to work out PCM (computer) issues, but these were offset by the driving pleasure this vehicle serves up with every trip!! if you are in the market, i would definatly recomend snatching one of these up before they are no more. and spend the extra $$ and go with the Euro appearance package, the Recaro seats alone are worth the price!!

Of course its an SVT
By Andrew De Lisle on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Having owned Ford for years I had no doubt it was going to be good. KNowing SVT and what they could produce I was a bit shy about a front wheel drive sports car. Over all it is a blast, the handeling is not as good as my SCCA Mustang but awsome for the road. The only down fall is the clutch. It is a performance clutch so like to be in or out and does not like stop and go traffic. The ride is not as stiff as you would expect it. Expect understear when cornering hard. When all is said and done I was impressed with what SVT has done with this little car and bould buy another one.

Dream
By soulpatch on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is truely awesome. I am an aggressive driver and it seems to know where I want to go before I do. Great pickup and awesome handling. Styling is eye catching and I get a lot of nods on the road. My SVT is fully loaded and the sound system is probably my favorite feature. The auto volumn control is top notch as well. Great car for the price and I would recommend this to anyone.

Loads of Fun!
By Nail_Biter on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When I first told my wife I was buying a Ford Focus, she just about died laughing! When she actually saw it and road in it, she changed her mind very quickly. I traded in a 2000 Nissan Maxima for this little rocket and I have never looked back. For what I paid for this car, it has to be the best money I have ever spent! Glad I got the last production year available. Not that it will be a collector's item any time soon, but I should have no problem selling it down the road. No plans to add any Mods to it. I am a purist at heart.

The Real SUV
By Hot Tuna on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a real sport utility vehicle. If you live in a large city like I do (Chicago) you need a car that can fit the smallest spot and can carry all of your things when engaging in your annual move to another apartment. The audiophile sound system is bar none and the exceleration for a sub 20K, 4 cylender car is exceptional. People may smerk when you have a focus (those that don't know what an SVT is) but when laying the smack down on an eclipse GTS, passengers soon realize that this focus is on roids.

Driver's Seat Design Flaw
By Ken Vinson on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2-door SVT and the only problem I have experienced is with the driver's seat. If you drive with the seat bottom raised up in the back, you have to remember to lower it if you pull the seat back forward to let someone in the back seat. Otherwise, over time it will rub a place in the lower seat cushion. The Ford dealership where I bought my SVT is replacing mine free of charge this time. The service writer at the dealership agreed it is a design flaw. Now all I have to do is tie a string around my finger and remember to lower the seat cushion when I have passengers for the back-seat. :}

Love this liitle hatch!
By eap on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The SVT Focus is an amazing car, especially for the money. It is the best handling car I have ever driven. The inside isn't luxurious but it's well done and all the controls are in just the right spot. It's the perfect mix of fun, value and practicality.

Great Car
By Medic on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just love this car! I have had 3 Mustangs and 2 Chevy Trucks and this is the best car I have had to date. The fun to drive factor is very high. I love the handling that this car has. Since this car has a 4 banger, the the power is in the mid to upper ranges of the power curve. I have the European Appearence Package(sunroof, Heated Recaro leather Seats, Audiophile 6 disk indash changer, engine block heater, HIDs, and 16 spoke argent wheels). I need a sporty car that I could commute to work in (90+ miles a day) I have found it. You cant go wrong with this car!

Great Expectations
By Davie L on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

are met by this little SVT Focus. I haven't had it long, but can't resist reviewing it with a rave. I have been looking at it and others for months. I was going to wait for the new mustang, but just had to have this little silver 3-door svt. The last one in my area and a good deal did the trick. The SVT embodies just the type car I have always loved: small, high revving, great handling little rockets [vw scirocco, fiat 124 spyder, 131 brava, 128 4 dr., new beetle - well the last 2 weren't rockets]. It has not disappointed. It's fun to drive. The styling is just fine. Car and Driver magazine is right about the 10 best; this one sure belongs.

my review
By Charlotte Mcphail on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The response of the SVT is reason enough to buy it!!!!