2004 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews 2

2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Possessed
By bucky on 08/20/10 05:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Within 2 months of driving off the lot abs and brake lights started blinking. Took back to the dealer and they said there was nothing wrong with the brakes but could not find the problem. Moved to ms took to another Ford dealer and got the same answer. Since then I have all kinds of warning lights and alarms and interior lights that blink and go off when the humidity goes up.

Great Car
By Keith on 06/09/10 19:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great Car! Bought used with 24,000 miles on it, now have 105,000 and had only minor issues. Pretty comfortable, great gas mileage, 2.3 delivers good power too. Only issue I have is that it doesn't do all that great in the snow.

Loads of Room Inside
By amapola on 05/01/10 11:39 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This wagon holds a ton of stuff. We are using it to go camping and there's loads of room for everything and everybody. It's a zippy little vehicle and easy to park in small spaces. Surprisingly smooth ride for such a small car. It looks very sleek ,unlike some of the SUVs we considered. Fuel economy is great. Altogether a very good buy.

Worst car ever, beats my 83 cavalier
By bryan on 04/30/10 02:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A money pit. If I had to rely on this car for above average use I would have been in trouble many times. For a small car the mileage is below avg-my last trip I couldn't even get 30 mpg hwy/22-23city. The transmission fluid had to be changed at 40k - it's synthetic and cost over $200. The alternator went out at 48k-the engine must be jacked-up to release the alternator so it near impossible for an owner to do.You are looking at $400-700 cost due to labor and parts. The ignition lock seized at 45k-must be towed to the dealer to be fixed due to the anti-theft chip. Around $500. Now at 56k the thermostat housing and valve cover gasket are leaking-Parts and labor will cost you around $500.

Ford USA. Why?
By AufMitterSpiel on 03/04/10 16:41 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The review by 'jonny' is spot on; I encountered the exact same problems on my SVT. Plus pieces of body trim falling off at random intervals, leaving me with no front splitter and a focus looking like a dump-truck in the front. So I traded it in on a Mazda 3 because ill-witted Ford did not bring the proper Mk. 2 Focus stateside.

Very Satisfied, Good Value, Unique & Fun
By NJ owner on 11/26/09 10:41 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought slightly used in '04. Opted for 2.3L eng. Great ride/handling balance. Fun to drive. V. good steering. Reliable: just brakes & some front suspension work after 5 years. Brakes could be better, but adequate. Excellent value, reliable, 27 MPG avg in interstate hwy / city driving mix. Purely on highway, at least 32 MPG at interstate speeds. Unique styling. Hard to find a non-conservatively styled hatchback. I'm discerning, yet recommend this car since I've got 101K on engine & car still works very well. Of course I maintain it well too, that helps. Good luck.

A Wonderful Car
By Stuart Bernstein on 11/09/09 22:02 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have been totally satisfied with my 2004 Ford Focus ZTS. It is a well made, reliable, economical and fun to drive vehicle. I currently have about 85,000 miles on my car. I still have orginal brakes,clutch etc. Car has been almost problem free. Only problem has been the accelerator linkage which had to be replaced twice under warranty. That's about it. My mileages is 27/34 with an average of 30 mpg. My only wish that it was a little quieter inside the cabin when driving high speed. Not really a problem though-only a wish. Seats are very comfortable-I have a bad back too! I traded in my 2000 ZTS for this Honey. My wife drives a 2001 Focus as well.

SVT Focus
By b16sir1991 on 09/06/09 13:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this SVT new in Nov. 2004. I work for Ford and am a Master Tech. Being familiar with the Focus, i had to snag one before they were gone. This car has amazed me from day one. Through the years, it has just been better and better. With a few modifications here and there, this car is extremely hard to beat at 4 times the money. To date, this SVT can pull 1.15g in cornering and out brakes pretty much anything short of pure race cars. I have less then $30k in it and have out performed cars costing over $100k on short courses.

Love the space
By Beej on 05/31/09 06:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This car is comfy to drive, with lots of cargo space. I love the large rear window so I can see out back. From the beginning I have had some skidding probs with the tires and now at 28000 miles am told I need new ones. That's disappointing.

Worst car ever
By pos svt on 01/25/09 00:35 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is by far the worst car I have ever owned. I bought the car about a year ago with less than 50,000 miles and $6400 in repairs later it's still not right. I have replaced the A/C compressor and condensor, the swaybar twice, gauge cluster and I have had countless electrical problems. I just noticed that the 4th thermostat housing is leaking. The car surges while driving down the road and the dual mass flywheel is constantly chattering. When the car is running it's a blast to drive, but that really doesn't matter when it breaks down at least once a month.