2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Ford Focus Review
By Jess45342 on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Cheap, dependable, spacious interior... need I say more

cool svt
By aschem on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Overall fun car to drive. Nice looking too.

best hatchback for the money
By racerjae on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is worth every penny, especially with the generous rebates. All the magazine reviews are correct. The car handles and brakes like a race car. Although the SVT Focus is sluggish at low rpms, it comes on forcefully (like a turbo) at mid to high rpms. It has a nice exhaust note that's not offensive like aftermarket ones, and the telescoping and tilting steering wheel allows for the perfect driving position. The performance, practicality, utility, and fun to drive aspects of this car are unmatched. If you can find one without the unnecessary options, buy it. I got mine (no options) for only $16,700 out the door! Definitely a no- brainer.

Fun , but be ready to spend money repair
By Nip on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my Focus the first year, great handling. After that, I started having problems with the engine. They told me I was using the wrong gas (premium is bad, regular is good), and need to clean it up, my fault so no warranty and they charge me around $550...4 months later, problems with the brakes, pay $500. 1 year later, I problems with brakes again and some with engine injection. The injection, I suspect was the same old problem, but now it was a re-call (It has like 7 recalls since I bought it) the brakes cost me another $650 bucks. Know I am selling it, and believe me I not getting another Ford, much less a Focus.

Bob's Review
By Robert Dandurand on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great Car. It is a really good car. I love it

I GOT IT AGAIN
By DAKING* on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

GREAT!SO MUCH THAT I TRADE-IN MY 2000 FORD FOCUS SE FOR A NEW 2004 FOCUS SE AND GOT A $3000 REBATE PLUS $4500 OFF FOR MY OLD CAR TOTAL $7500 OFF THE PRICE OF THE NEW DO THE MATH...I'AM SO HAPPY...SEEEYYYAAA....

Do NOT buy this car without the 2.3
By Eddie Adams on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was kind on the fence about this car - I loved the styling and handling, but was underwhelmed by the motor. The Zetec is kinda crude and not too powerful, especially when you drive it back-to-back with Hondas and Toyotas. Then, I drove one with the new Mazda- built 2.3 - what a difference! This motor is a little jewel - smooth and powerful, with a nice little growl as you hit 6000 RPM. Mind you, this is no WRX-hunter, but it's plenty quick enough. To top it off, I got a ridiculously good deal - almost $4,000 off, plus a 5/100,000 bumper to bumper warranty.

Edmunds doesn't know squat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By one_focused_svt on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Never had a problem this is a dream car for 20 grand couldn't ask for more, handleing is in a class of its own plenty of power, tranny is outstanding, over all this one gets a 15 out of 10! I WILL BE A REPEAT BUYER!

i like it okay
By Rev E. Lation on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

of course i would have rather drove out in one of those T birds that i couldnt stop looking at while i was buying this car, but i have to admit i like this car. i am six foot three and i noticed right away that the steering wheel was smaller than usual so my knees were not wrapped around it, plus the height of the car left plenty of room for me. i am used to feeling smashed into a car as small as this, and for once i feel it was made for me, especially since the seat actually lowers. i have never owned a new car before, and i have to agree with everyone else, this is fun to drive, and the sound system is pretty nice.

Ford Focus
By Donald L Larson on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Drives like a dream. Corners beautiful.