2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Nice Surprise!
By ValWat1 on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 Comfort 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At first when my salesman brought the car over for me to look at honestly I thought "I dont like it" because I really wanted a 4 door model. But when I sat in it I noticed how comfortable the seats were, how great the stereo was, the neat armrest compartment between the seats the (get this) Cruise Control & on & on...Also how surprisingly LARGE the trunk space is I fell in LOVE with it.

ford focus
By robert faragalli on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

reliable and plenty fast enough for the new jersey turnpike where it spends most of its time

WHAT A SURPRISE
By SEARAYMAN on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have not owned a compact car in 25 years because I like performance and a little more comfort. I recently rented a Ford Focus and was really impressed. So impressed that I visited a Ford dealer and drove a ZX5. It was even better than the low end rental car. I bought it that day. The acceleration, comfort, smoothness , quiet ride and features were a genuine surprise. It is also fun to drive. It's more like a little sports car than a compact sedan. It has more features than expected for the price.

Get one while you still can
By slothbert on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car at MSRP; with current Ford rebates, it's a steal...but not for much longer, '04 is the last year for the SVT Focus. It's a terrific driver's car with superb steering, handling, and brakes, and a strong engine (though power delivery could be better). Early Focus problems seem to be worked out; build quality is great and the SVT is tight as a drum. It's a blast to drive, but works as a practical, roomy hatchback too. I'm surprised it hasn't been more popular--its price and quality make it superior to Civic Si, GTI, etc.

Still like it
By LEEZ on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Overall very happy, but the clock is the pitts! What was Ford thinking! Mileage is still a disappointment, 21- 22 in city, and I traded a 6 cylinder for this 4, but it is peppy. Love the space inside. Saw other complaints of no crossbars on roof rack, mine came with them and I want them off! Too hard to wash the roof and I will never use them.

Fun SVT
By gordyd3 on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Svt Focus, and my fourth Svt Vehicle(two Lightnings). SVT vehicles are the best blend of engineering you can buy in a production vehicle. They build a "balanced" package. Performance, style, handling all in one vehicle....Amazing! I was going to wait and buy another Focus Svt in a couple of years...sadly, Ford is no longer going to make this vehicle, when I found out I ordered another one.

Great Car!! Better than Civic !
By 86 on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Really great car! Fun to drive and reliable! It never had broken down!It's made in the USA!

Good for a Mule
By Cyan on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Good for a mule- we use it to load up the commuter miles. Otheriwse- I hate it. The fuel tank only holds enough for about 300 miles. We've taken it to the dealership to get stupid stuff fixed already and it breaks again. Also- we can hear the transmission slipping every once in a while... and we aren't harsh drivers. Wonder how long it will last-- good for cheap transportation that's fairly reliable for its class. Very uncomfortable if you are planning long trips.

my car
By jenkinswhirly on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the car for about two months but I know it is better than the previous Focus. It is bigger in the trunk and the overall car is just a little bigger and roomier.

excellent car
By Nancy Macias on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i love my ford focus, we liked it so much we bought another one, they're some of the best cars ford's come out with..