2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
I hate this car
By elh430 on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have not had a single good experience with this car. It leaks when it rains hard, the braking system sucks, (I have been told it the type of brakes it has), the window adjustors fall off all the time, handles terrible in the rain, and snow. the manual handles for the windows were put on backwards, I could continue.

ZTS Rocks
By timmccra on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

More zing than the toyota corolla and honda civic more environmentally friendly than all the non hybrid vehicles, smooth ride interior design is nice and functional, standard radio includes a cd and mp3 player by blaupunkt that rocks and its "American" unbeleivable!! Till you drive it !

Go For It!
By tenderloin on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus is a fun to drive, reliable automobile that is AFFORDABLE! Don't listen to hacks that say it is not reliable...build quality has greatly improved over the years and for sometime now is excellent! New larger engine even improves the experience without a drop of gas more. A+++++++++

Love My Ford Focus
By Stuart B on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently traded in my 2000 Focus ZTS when I purchased the 2004. My wife has a 2001 LX also. The Focus represents probably the best overall value in a car today. My experience has been excellent with this model. Prior to my Focus, I only purchased Toyotas. I routinely average 31 mpg with about 65% highway. I suffer from lower back problems and the Focus seats are comfortable for me. I have found these cars to be very relable and definitely fun to drive. I highly recomend the Ford Focus.

Me and my Focus are inseparable!
By Kate in OKC on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I don't make a lot of money, and so price is the first thing I look at. Gas milage is second. I wanted to get rid of my clunker and find a reliable new car that I could feel safe and comfortable in and yet looked ultra- cool. Enter the Ford Focus. The roomy interior easly accomidates me and three friends plus luggage. The steering is ultra senstive and its got plenty of power and speed to aid in any driving emergency. I get between 25 and 35 mpg. I haven't found a car that's easier to drive or more fun! It's excellent ride on short and long trips is definately a plus. It's no secret, the next car I buy will be another Ford Focus.

A lot of car for the $ and fun to drive
By CindiW on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have the ZTS model which offers an incredible amount of power. The pickup is outstanding. The car handles like a much smaller vehicle; it hugs the corners and takes on unforegiving roadways remarkably. I have both a Japanese small car and then this car. The Focus has turned out to be a reliable, economical and outstanding on gas vehicle. I would recommend it in a heartbeat---particularly for someone who does not want to spend a ton of money.

Focus Driven
By Focus on Tracie on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving my new Focus ZX3 all over town and went on my first long trip, I have never had so much fun driving! The ride was comfortable and smooth, yeha for cruise control. I just want to say my car has not suffered a case of Focus abuse yet! Thanks Ford for making such a great vehicle! A Loyal Ford Driver!

I own this model
By joel m. hayward on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I own this type automobile, and the overall interior leg room for the driver on long trips leaves alot to be desired. As a result i'm going to have some new rails put on the drivers side so that i can have better leg room for long trips. Thank you fopr your survey.

spitfire vs focus
By spitfire65Dolly on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

SPITFIRE (triumph) barebones super fun for $1560. Forward 39 yrs. FOCUS se, only way to beat it is w/svt. 100 mph on highway like 60 in anything else. Back country roads are heaven. Handles as good as the spitfire or better and ride is light yrs ahead. Comfort is 94%, could use a little tweeking on leg room an seat size, shape an padding.

Great Car Little Possible Improvments
By Chris Barton on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving my car. I dont have any options in it other then AC, CD player and cruise becaues Im 6'7 I can reach across the car easy. The only suggestion that I would have would be to maybe add a hood scoop. It is a sporty looking car and It would appeal to the teenage and younger crowd if you had a hood scoop like the mustangs, and maybe better city to highway mileage. 30 city and 35-40 highway would be able to compete better with the foreign cars in the economic standpoint.