2004 Ford Focus LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2004 Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Sort Reviews by

Charlie's Focus Review
By Charlie Tuna

2004 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Over all the Focus is an all around good car.

Favorite Features

Dash design and the rear end of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Tires are too loud and suspension is a bit rough. Steering is also a little leary at high speeds.

my 2002 se focus sedan
By elena71177

GREAT! overall car!!!

Favorite Features

Handling, comfyness, ergonomics, smooth ride, climbs hills with no problem, feels solid on highway trips and on the road...

Suggested Improvements

my 2002 focus has 40,000 miles on it and has developed a tiny tick, tick nose when i turn the steering wheel. also on the drivers front wheel it has developed a very, very slight knocking sound when i cruise over a bump.

2001 ford focus
By cab

2004 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2001 Ford Focus. I have the high performance tires on the car which suck if you live in the Northeast. They are horrible on bumps and have had bubbles in them caused by hitting potholes. Hello this is the notrtheast. If the tire can not take potholes then don't sell cars with that type of tires in the northeasr. sell them only in phoenix. I have had constant emission problems. Thank god they were covered by the warranty. The paint has rusted & chipped out by the trunck. Which was covered by warranty. At 40,000 miles my starter went and i had to pu a new one in .

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the high performance tires.The car is too low in the front. The cup holder is too small

Love my Focus
By wildways58

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was a not looking for a car when I bought my Focus,I had been looking for a SUV. We needed sometning big enough for a family of five. My Focus had been great,We all love it.It has plenty of room for everyone and great trunk space.I will look at anopther focus when it is time to trade.

Favorite Features

It has lots of extras that you only see in expensive cars.I love all the trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

i can see no improvements needed

FORD FOCUS ZTS REVIEW
By Kennard Lee

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The overall balance of the Ford Focus ZTS is remarkable for the price of the car. I have driven more expensive cars and have had less enjoyment with those. I was so impressed with the handling, performance and comfort of the ZTS that I bought a second one two months later.

Favorite Features

The adjustable drivers seat lets you raise or lower it. The adjustable steering wheel also telescopes in addition to the up or down movement.

Suggested Improvements

Make the center armrest optional or removable. It can be a slight bother in regard to the use of the manuel parking brake lever.

I Love MY car!
By FocusGal

2004 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had it for 3 1/2 MONTHS and I Lover it so much! It drives so easy and is very cute! I can't imagine having any other car!

Favorite Features

I love the Radio & CD player that came with the car. The speakers go so loud and I didn't have to install anything! I also love the radio's style! Its like a computer screen & shows a picture while im playing a CD. It also has a HUGE trunk that is great 4 storage!

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements i would have is to have the time in a separate place cuz its kinda small on the radio screen. Another improvement would be lights in the back too...because only the front has two inside.

Great bang for the buck
By Anicia

2004 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Can't beat the Focus for the money. An affordable fun to drive sedan we can live with. Great perfomance and handling. Comfortable seating for 4.

Favorite Features

Blaupunkt MP3 stereo height adjustable drivers seat engine performance

Suggested Improvements

Console armrest too far back to be useful more interior storage compartments

This should have been a LEMON Vehicle
By Elisa Maldonado

2004 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought in 6/00 a brand new Ford Focus 2000. To make the long story short, I have had to have 5 fuel pumps put in the car. Has left me on the street, shop had my vehicle for 3 months, could not figure out what was wrong with it. Co worker at work has similiar problems that I had, she has traded the car since. Her vehicle was newer than mine.

Favorite Features

Like the fact that it is compact.

Suggested Improvements

I feel that when a car has had as many problems as mine has, there should be no question that it should have been sent back and LEMON it! I tried and there was no luck.

How teens can pull off the 4 door sedan:
By KAR

2004 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

step 1: buy a focus. i'm a teen who's an old person at heart. my friends think i have a cool car, i think i have a family car. i love my focus!

Favorite Features

my trunk is so big! i could live back there!

Suggested Improvements

okay so that dinging seatbelt thing might be a safety feature but i can't sit in my car with it in park without it beeping at me. that's okay though.

hanksta's review
By hank kent

2004 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I find that the ford focus is a wonderful economy car for families, college students, and people who do not want to waste money on gas (like me). The focus is fun to drive and very stylish. Good job Ford Motor Company.

Favorite Features

I believe that the focus' best feature would have to be its' ability to save gas and money for the driver. Another one of my favorite features would have to be the fact that the focus does not call for much maintnance.

Suggested Improvements

I believe the only improvment I would like to see on the focus is more aftermarket parts to spice up the life of the car.