Used 2004 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

owner
By chiekh

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Driving the focus so has been a fun experience.

Favorite Features

THE radio,alarm system,the seating.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk space should be bigger.

Love this car.
By chunt777

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was really sceptical about this car when qwe went to buy it. I thought it would be under powered and un comfortable. I am a big person over 6' tall and weight to go with it. To my suprise you could adjust the seat to fit even my size. My wife fell in love with it but i was still leary. After a couple of weeks and driving it myself,though I dont get to drive it veroften it's "Her" car, my mind was tottaly changed. It is very peppy for a four banger and a blast to drive. Another huge plus is the stereo rocks. Over ll this car is awsome.

Favorite Features

Mp3 plater and stereo and 32 miles to the gallon.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof would be nice and get the cruise control its not much more but it would be worth it.

A Clean Green Sports Machine
By clintondee

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

WoW! The New Partial Zero Emmission 2.3 liter engine from Ford is a real treat. Not only is the engine much more powerful than the z-tec it emits close to no harmful emissions. Emission related components are covered up to 15 years or 150,000 miles! The zx5 interior is exceptionally roomy and its dash is stylish and well laid out. The cd/mp3 player is great. The hatchback design coupled with the four doors makes the Zx5 a real family car. Access to all seats is good and there's actually alot of room behind the rear seats for groceries. Fold down the rear seats and you have a ton of useable space. In all the zx5 is great@!

Favorite Features

The cd/Mp3 stereo, the pzev 2.3 engine, standard alloy rims and Goodyear eagles, and the hatchback.

Suggested Improvements

Use a little softer material on dash to avoid scratches. Otherwise its looks fine.

Love my Focus
By Teppi

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had a horrible buying experience at Earnhardt Ford in Phoenix, AZ, but thank goodness I ended up with such a great vehicle! The gas mileage is great and it drives so smooth and sporty. I was originally looking at buying a Toyota Matrix, but decided on the Focus instead because of the value. It is a more affordable car with virtually the same features.

Favorite Features

I love the interior on my Focus. The fabric used for the upholstery is so modern and sleek, yet comfortable. I also love the huge trunk space on my hatchback. I also love how "zippy" this little car is for a 4 cylinder.

Suggested Improvements

I would definitely like to see the cup holders improved. The rubber inserts pop out whenever you have a drink that fits snuggly.

Red Focus
By LilredFocus

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned many Ford products from the Bronco II, Thunderbird, Bronco, F250 Super Duty 4x4 Truck. As you can see we are a Ford family. I bought the Focus ZX5 four door because I really liked the look. I love my car it is great on gas mileage and driving it is a pleasure. It is sporty enough that my 15 year old son wants it when he turns sixteen to paint on hop it up. It is also roomy enough for the whole family to ride. We do alot of traveling and it does great.

Favorite Features

My most favorite is the steering, the response is wonderful. Also the in dash CD stereo. Plus the looks.

Suggested Improvements

One imporvement that needs to be made is the carpet needs to be a higher grade. This that I have is very had to clean.