Used 2004 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Very nice and fun car to drive
By Brian Blum

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Comfort 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car better than the Civic and Corolla. The car is quiet and smooth. The 2.3 litre engine pulls nicely and is very quiet. The handling is very satisfing. The draw backs are the design for rear seat entry is confusing resulting in messing up the seat back angle adjustment. I also think the engine deserves a smoother gearbox which does not compare to my old Accord's or the new Honda's gearboxes. I wish the hatchback had 6 inches more available for loading. It fits my bicycles but the length is tight.

Quiet, smooth, with crisp handling and nice torque. The sound system is very good

Needs a less notchy transmission and better seat back lever system. Three to six inches in length or eliminating the need to fold the seat bottom up would make cargo hauling easier.

owner
By chiekh

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Driving the focus so has been a fun experience.

THE radio,alarm system,the seating.

The trunk space should be bigger.

Love this car.
By chunt777

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was really sceptical about this car when qwe went to buy it. I thought it would be under powered and un comfortable. I am a big person over 6' tall and weight to go with it. To my suprise you could adjust the seat to fit even my size. My wife fell in love with it but i was still leary. After a couple of weeks and driving it myself,though I dont get to drive it veroften it's "Her" car, my mind was tottaly changed. It is very peppy for a four banger and a blast to drive. Another huge plus is the stereo rocks. Over ll this car is awsome.

Mp3 plater and stereo and 32 miles to the gallon.

Sunroof would be nice and get the cruise control its not much more but it would be worth it.

A Clean Green Sports Machine
By clintondee

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

WoW! The New Partial Zero Emmission 2.3 liter engine from Ford is a real treat. Not only is the engine much more powerful than the z-tec it emits close to no harmful emissions. Emission related components are covered up to 15 years or 150,000 miles! The zx5 interior is exceptionally roomy and its dash is stylish and well laid out. The cd/mp3 player is great. The hatchback design coupled with the four doors makes the Zx5 a real family car. Access to all seats is good and there's actually alot of room behind the rear seats for groceries. Fold down the rear seats and you have a ton of useable space. In all the zx5 is great@!

The cd/Mp3 stereo, the pzev 2.3 engine, standard alloy rims and Goodyear eagles, and the hatchback.

Use a little softer material on dash to avoid scratches. Otherwise its looks fine.

Love my Focus
By Teppi

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had a horrible buying experience at Earnhardt Ford in Phoenix, AZ, but thank goodness I ended up with such a great vehicle! The gas mileage is great and it drives so smooth and sporty. I was originally looking at buying a Toyota Matrix, but decided on the Focus instead because of the value. It is a more affordable car with virtually the same features.

I love the interior on my Focus. The fabric used for the upholstery is so modern and sleek, yet comfortable. I also love the huge trunk space on my hatchback. I also love how "zippy" this little car is for a 4 cylinder.

I would definitely like to see the cup holders improved. The rubber inserts pop out whenever you have a drink that fits snuggly.

• SUV