2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
:( Poor Gas Mileage
By drocksme on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love the sporty look of this car. Fun to drive, easy to park - I live in the city.

My first new car
By iusecad on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a '95 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 with a V8, that I owned for 7 1/2 years, for this car. So far I'm not the least bit sorry. (Although, I might miss the truck when it snows again, mostly because I don't want to expose my new car to the road salt & sand.) I guess to anyone who might be leary of downsizing like I did, give it a shot. You'd be surprised at how powerful these little cars are.

Great So far
By Jimmy DeLoche on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

There were some problems when I first got it with the timing. After two computer upgrades, it's running stong. Fun=value=10

My Funky Ford Focus
By shadana on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. This is the first car that I have ever owned and I am proud of my purchase. I love all the standards features (cd player, power windows, locks). I've driving 5 hours in my car and was still able to go out and party. I still wanted to drive.

my focus
By franv on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

good value and american made

Beautiful, but bad quality
By isbllvaz on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

First week I have purchased it, the fuel bump went bad and had to be replaced (about $230, the car dealership has replaced it). Two more months and the alternator went bad ($120), so both the alternator and the battery ($60) had to be replaced. On top of it all, the wheel got stuck one day and the whole key set ($200) had to be replaced. My car has been towed three times in the first 5 months that I had it. Also, the a/c, when is turned on, does take away the performance of the engine... the car does not go as fast as if the a/c was turned off.

greatvehicle
By johnearly on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Use of vehicleis 60% highway 40% city. find easy to handle with excellent gas milage. outside of normal oil and maintenance no other problem . one thing needs betterment would be radio. plan on buying new one next year,

My Focus
By laurie on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2002 Focus used. It has been an absolute pleasure. The hatchback and split rear seat offers great cargo storage. I have been able to move all sorts of stuff. My boyfriend is 6'4" and fits very well into the car. People are usually suprised about how roomy the inside is for a small car, and ther comment posativly on the design. Mine is a 5 speed and is a kick to drive. Peppy and responsive.

ford focus
By david gutierrez on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I swithced from an SUV to the focus because i was worried about the gas price hikes. Although i miss the height of the SUV, i love the gas savings and the sportyness of my 5 speed focus.

car of cars
By jackielighting on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this car is truely the best car I have ever owned both men and women look at the car as I drive by I have seen them point and smile with the look of wanting on there face