2004 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews 12

2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2004 Focus Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
:( Poor Gas Mileage
By drocksme

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love the sporty look of this car. Fun to drive, easy to park - I live in the city.

Favorite Features

Moonroof, which was optional. It's the closest thing I'll ever get to a convertible!

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage: I've had my 2004 ZX3 Premium for about a month now. I've gotten no where near 200 miles for a gallon of gas for city driving. I thought I was supposed to get around 340. It's well past the breaking in point.

My first new car
By iusecad

2004 Ford Focus ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a '95 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 with a V8, that I owned for 7 1/2 years, for this car. So far I'm not the least bit sorry. (Although, I might miss the truck when it snows again, mostly because I don't want to expose my new car to the road salt & sand.) I guess to anyone who might be leary of downsizing like I did, give it a shot. You'd be surprised at how powerful these little cars are.

Favorite Features

Definitely the MP3/CD radio with the cool display. The presets are displayed as the actual station frequency rather than just a number such as 1 thru 6.

Suggested Improvements

I don't understand why the ignition has to be in the run position in order to roll the windows up/down. I've never owned a vehicle that I couldn't run the power windows from the accessory position.

Great So far
By Jimmy DeLoche

2004 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

There were some problems when I first got it with the timing. After two computer upgrades, it's running stong. Fun=value=10

my focus
By franv

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

good value and american made

Favorite Features

feels like my camry

My Funky Ford Focus
By shadana

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. This is the first car that I have ever owned and I am proud of my purchase. I love all the standards features (cd player, power windows, locks). I've driving 5 hours in my car and was still able to go out and party. I still wanted to drive.

Favorite Features

Power locks, windows and keyless entry

Suggested Improvements

Bendable side view mirrors.

Beautiful, but bad quality
By isbllvaz

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

First week I have purchased it, the fuel bump went bad and had to be replaced (about $230, the car dealership has replaced it). Two more months and the alternator went bad ($120), so both the alternator and the battery ($60) had to be replaced. On top of it all, the wheel got stuck one day and the whole key set ($200) had to be replaced. My car has been towed three times in the first 5 months that I had it. Also, the a/c, when is turned on, does take away the performance of the engine... the car does not go as fast as if the a/c was turned off.

Favorite Features

I like the design, in and out. The car is spacious, especially the trunk. The tires are really good.

Suggested Improvements

Seats. Quality of engine.

My Focus
By laurie

2004 Ford Focus ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2002 Focus used. It has been an absolute pleasure. The hatchback and split rear seat offers great cargo storage. I have been able to move all sorts of stuff. My boyfriend is 6'4" and fits very well into the car. People are usually suprised about how roomy the inside is for a small car, and ther comment posativly on the design. Mine is a 5 speed and is a kick to drive. Peppy and responsive.

Favorite Features

The sound system rocks! The 6 rack CD player is great

car of cars
By jackielighting

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this car is truely the best car I have ever owned both men and women look at the car as I drive by I have seen them point and smile with the look of wanting on there face

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

none

greatvehicle
By johnearly

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Use of vehicleis 60% highway 40% city. find easy to handle with excellent gas milage. outside of normal oil and maintenance no other problem . one thing needs betterment would be radio. plan on buying new one next year,

Favorite Features

Ease entering exiting head room.Overall site vision.

Suggested Improvements

radio speakers need upgrade.

ford focus
By david gutierrez

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I swithced from an SUV to the focus because i was worried about the gas price hikes. Although i miss the height of the SUV, i love the gas savings and the sportyness of my 5 speed focus.

Favorite Features

my favorite feature is the body type

Suggested Improvements

i would have loved to have had a tachometer dial on the dash board instead of a little arrow that tellls me when to shift to a higher gear