Used 2004 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

ford focus
By david gutierrez

2004 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I swithced from an SUV to the focus because i was worried about the gas price hikes. Although i miss the height of the SUV, i love the gas savings and the sportyness of my 5 speed focus.

Favorite Features

my favorite feature is the body type

Suggested Improvements

i would have loved to have had a tachometer dial on the dash board instead of a little arrow that tellls me when to shift to a higher gear

ZTS Rocks
By timmccra

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

More zing than the toyota corolla and honda civic more environmentally friendly than all the non hybrid vehicles, smooth ride interior design is nice and functional, standard radio includes a cd and mp3 player by blaupunkt that rocks and its "American" unbeleivable!! Till you drive it !

Favorite Features

Performance would have to be 1 then gas milage and having that and being PZEV a/c is cold nice smooth quiet ride sound system at base level is blaupunkt Top of the line vehicles offer more features than the honda civic or toyota corola and for alot less cash!

Suggested Improvements

only 3 1-redesign the folding rear seat the cup holder in the rear is in the way 2-right passenger cup holder is height restricted needs to be moved 3-engine dress up would be nice, hard to beleive somthing so ugly is so sweet.

Go For It!
By tenderloin

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus is a fun to drive, reliable automobile that is AFFORDABLE! Don't listen to hacks that say it is not reliable...build quality has greatly improved over the years and for sometime now is excellent! New larger engine even improves the experience without a drop of gas more. A+++++++++

Favorite Features

handling, mpg, styling, comfort, price ROOM!

Suggested Improvements

none

Love My Ford Focus
By Stuart B

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently traded in my 2000 Focus ZTS when I purchased the 2004. My wife has a 2001 LX also. The Focus represents probably the best overall value in a car today. My experience has been excellent with this model. Prior to my Focus, I only purchased Toyotas. I routinely average 31 mpg with about 65% highway. I suffer from lower back problems and the Focus seats are comfortable for me. I have found these cars to be very relable and definitely fun to drive. I highly recomend the Ford Focus.

Favorite Features

exceptional handling good construction

Suggested Improvements

silver dashboard is a negative feature bring back the wood trim on ZTS radio was better on the 2000 model.

A lot of car for the $ and fun to drive
By CindiW

2004 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have the ZTS model which offers an incredible amount of power. The pickup is outstanding. The car handles like a much smaller vehicle; it hugs the corners and takes on unforegiving roadways remarkably. I have both a Japanese small car and then this car. The Focus has turned out to be a reliable, economical and outstanding on gas vehicle. I would recommend it in a heartbeat---particularly for someone who does not want to spend a ton of money.

Favorite Features

I love the engine. It is quiet and the pick up is fast and predictable

Suggested Improvements

The interior can be cramped for tall drivers. I would also make the seats in the front higher or at least have the option of going higher for shorter drivers.