2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Very Good
By Trev Connelly on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like the Focus! It looks great, especially in white. Super price.Good gas milage-38 highway 31 city. It has a great feel to it. Just drive something else after driving it and you really will notice....even a WRX. Massive trunk! Comfy seats...they go up and down..it helps when you are 6ft 3ins.Finally a good european car sold by ford in the US.

Good Pep For The Money
By joshandjess143 on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was skeptical about this car at first, but came to love it shortly after driving it. I love the 2.3 engine it's got more pep than i ever expected. I would recomend this car to any one on a buget and wants a fun car to drive!

Nice little car
By PaulLee on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The feel of driving this car is better than the two Civics (1987 and 1996) I had. Cute little designs and color in the interior. Exterior is a little bit disappointing. Road noise is somewhat loud. I drove it for 3 months so far. I don't know if it's reliable. The door locks inside are not very easy to operate.

So Far So Good
By jimstoic on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The only problems I've experienced in my first month have to do with the paint job: I've gotten two chips off the paint on the hood. I dropped the car by an independent body shop, where I was told the chipping, while lamentable, was not unusual for any car that had been hit by a pebble on the road.

Great Car
By ranner on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 01 SE that I loved, and never had any problems with, but just recently I decided to let it go and get an 04 ZTS, I can really tell the difference in horsepower. I like the front end design better on the 04 than on the 05. They shouldn't have changed those headlights. The folding back seats are wonderful, I use that space all the time. Even the trunk only is very roomy for the size of the car. For the few times I've ever sat in the back seat, I'd have to say, it was very comfortable and surprisingly roomy.

The Best for the Price
By Jay979 on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Did a lot of reaserch before buying the car and found the best car for the price. Driving it is a lot of fun, great features for the price , upscale look.

Fun to drive
By Alma Lasater on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a spinal problem and this car is easy to get in & out of,I tried other cars this was the best.I put 5000 miles on the first month,33mpg hwy,Great

My New 2.3L 2004 Ford Focus (Automatic)
By grecinos on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car! I had a 2001 Ford Mustang and the lease was due in early June 2004. I decided to turn in my mustang and get a Focus. I was worried about the power of the focus (especially after coming from a 6 cyl mustang). But to my surprise this little 2.3L engine puts out decent power for its size! It acutally feels a little more responsive on the low end than my mustang. The only time I notice the difference between the 2 cars is when I floor it on the highway. And even still the focus does a good job at getting up to speed. It's spacious, Economical, good looking, comfortable, and just feels right!

consumers rating
By Shirley Graumann on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It gets great gas milage and it is fun to drive. It could use a little more power. But who wants a speeding ticket?

our little wonder
By pengins on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This little wonder, is small enough to feel like your are driving a sports car, but big enough to seat a family of 4...Comftorable, great suspension (tight), quick ,pick up, great steering and handeling, (I have a tendeancy to go to fast in it...because it handles so fine)lots of trunk space,interior space, and very rummy, good gas miliage,aerodinamic, so pleased it is americian, (small cars used to be better made as a foreign car, (but we would never buy one of those)We are truley surprised and elated, htat we found this wonderful car...