2004 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Love the space
By Beej on 05/31/09 06:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This car is comfy to drive, with lots of cargo space. I love the large rear window so I can see out back. From the beginning I have had some skidding probs with the tires and now at 28000 miles am told I need new ones. That's disappointing.

Focus Work Wagon
By Brent on 01/19/07 09:43 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it because my partner had 2 Foci and thought it a great car for the business. Big change from a BMW 7 series. What a great car, changed the springs right away to H&R Sport, major improvement in handling. Upgraded the sound with Boston Pro speakers. 17" custom rims and 50 series rubber. Full header and sport exhaust, throttle boy, intake make about 20 more ponies. Excellent changes and what a car now, handles and rides well, goes better and is fun to drive on trips. Now what we need is the European 5 cylinder, or 140 or best of all the Diesel Focus. Next improvement: Spax shocks and cross brace. Maybe a Jackson or Powerworks supercharger. :)

Fun around town
By T.C. on 10/28/06 21:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car 'cause I couldn't afford another economy car on the lot. I really do like it. I live in the big city and getting through traffic can be fun. The 2.3 is a definite plus. Quick and nice high end performance. Cornering is great also. My main drawback is the stiff suspension. I've had two back surgeries and the ride is quite bouncy. I'll try new shocks and tires, this car is worth the investment! The interior is very nice for us also. All within easy reach. I will admit though. This car is more fun to drive than comfortable. Would like to have both.

04 Focus Wagon
By arp on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Nice driving feel suspension control. High praise, considering that I drive a Porsche on sunny days/weekends. Not the cushiest, most refined car in the world, but a LOT of bang for the buck. Wagon has more usable cargo space than any small SUV. My car is fully optioned out (as cheap VW Jetta with better performance). Regrettably, the wagon can no longer be purchased in better than SE trim. Worse, Ford no longer sells the 2.3L PZEV engine in the wagon. The 2.3 is way quieter than the 2.0; it drives MUCH better than its #'s would suggest (and its #'s are a lot better than the 2.0's). If you need a wagon but like the '05 ZTS performance, seek out an 04 ZTW, rather than an 05 SE.

Second one we bought
By Barbieangel on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We love both our cars. People stopped us when we had our first one and when they first started coming out on the market and they loved the look and asked lots of questions. We save on gas, it handles well, plenty of room, can transport large objects in the back trunk area and you can't beat the price.

Love My Frogmobile.
By Tim the tool man on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My Focus ZTW is the best car I have owned in several years. The Focus is not a problematic car like it was when it was first introduced. the car is fun to drive, economical, and quite frankly handy as a pocket on a shirt when it comes to hauling your stuff.Alos this car is comfortable to ride in I love it.

FUN TO DRIVE
By sgr on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

VEHICLE WAS PURCHASED TO REPLACE A LEASED TAURUS. THE FOCUS WAGON IS A HIGHLY USABLE VEHICLE,EX., HAULING BAGS OF LAWN SUPPLIES, CABINETS, HOME REPAIR SUPPLIES,ETC. COULD NOT CARRY IN TAURUS. IMPRESSED WITH POWER OF 2.3L ENGINE.

Still like it
By LEEZ on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Overall very happy, but the clock is the pitts! What was Ford thinking! Mileage is still a disappointment, 21- 22 in city, and I traded a 6 cylinder for this 4, but it is peppy. Love the space inside. Saw other complaints of no crossbars on roof rack, mine came with them and I want them off! Too hard to wash the roof and I will never use them.

Great bang for $
By leon Joe on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

No problem, great value for $, I'm not a yuppie but I am a CPA w/ 3 masters degrees. Car goes A to B without problem.

fun focus wagon
By trappersdad on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and i love to take golf vacations. The Focus wagon gives us plenty of room for two sets of clubs, luggage, coolers etc. It's a lot of fun to drive, has great pickup, and excellent gas mileage. I f you live in a place where you get cold winters, go for the heated seats, you'll love them. Excellent value for the money, I highly recomend it!