2004 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Excellent little car
By wagnerzx2 on 04/12/13 16:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

After my Escort ZX2 died (after 13 years) I needed a new car. After test driving several, this little wagon perked my interest. I bought it used with 86,000 miles on it in August of 2012, and since, (april 2013) have put over 20,000 miles on it. I average about 33 mpg. about 28 city, 32 against the wind, and 40 with the wind. Since I travel a lot, its great to have the cargo space and the excellent gas mileage. And when I'm home, I can haul my three kids all over the place and everyone is confortable, even with one still in a booster seat. My only downside on this very particular vehicle is that I do not have cruise control. Otherwise, its a great car.

Loads of Room Inside
By amapola on 05/01/10 11:39 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This wagon holds a ton of stuff. We are using it to go camping and there's loads of room for everything and everybody. It's a zippy little vehicle and easy to park in small spaces. Surprisingly smooth ride for such a small car. It looks very sleek ,unlike some of the SUVs we considered. Fuel economy is great. Altogether a very good buy.

Love the space
By Beej on 05/31/09 06:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This car is comfy to drive, with lots of cargo space. I love the large rear window so I can see out back. From the beginning I have had some skidding probs with the tires and now at 28000 miles am told I need new ones. That's disappointing.

Focus Work Wagon
By Brent on 01/19/07 09:43 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it because my partner had 2 Foci and thought it a great car for the business. Big change from a BMW 7 series. What a great car, changed the springs right away to H&R Sport, major improvement in handling. Upgraded the sound with Boston Pro speakers. 17" custom rims and 50 series rubber. Full header and sport exhaust, throttle boy, intake make about 20 more ponies. Excellent changes and what a car now, handles and rides well, goes better and is fun to drive on trips. Now what we need is the European 5 cylinder, or 140 or best of all the Diesel Focus. Next improvement: Spax shocks and cross brace. Maybe a Jackson or Powerworks supercharger. :)

Fun around town
By T.C. on 10/28/06 21:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car 'cause I couldn't afford another economy car on the lot. I really do like it. I live in the big city and getting through traffic can be fun. The 2.3 is a definite plus. Quick and nice high end performance. Cornering is great also. My main drawback is the stiff suspension. I've had two back surgeries and the ride is quite bouncy. I'll try new shocks and tires, this car is worth the investment! The interior is very nice for us also. All within easy reach. I will admit though. This car is more fun to drive than comfortable. Would like to have both.

disappointing fuel economy
By jim worcester on 11/11/04 07:02 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Although we have only put on 6900 miles so far, I am disappointed with the fuel economy (5 speed manual). Much of our driving is rural and we are seeing generally slightly less than 30mpg. We are still driving our 1995 Ford Escort Wagon 5 speed manual with 220000 miles that is still getting close to 40mpg (summer). Owners manual said to wait until after about 5000 miles to check mpg, which we have and still hasn't improved.

04 Focus Wagon
By arp on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Nice driving feel suspension control. High praise, considering that I drive a Porsche on sunny days/weekends. Not the cushiest, most refined car in the world, but a LOT of bang for the buck. Wagon has more usable cargo space than any small SUV. My car is fully optioned out (as cheap VW Jetta with better performance). Regrettably, the wagon can no longer be purchased in better than SE trim. Worse, Ford no longer sells the 2.3L PZEV engine in the wagon. The 2.3 is way quieter than the 2.0; it drives MUCH better than its #'s would suggest (and its #'s are a lot better than the 2.0's). If you need a wagon but like the '05 ZTS performance, seek out an 04 ZTW, rather than an 05 SE.

Second one we bought
By Barbieangel on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

We love both our cars. People stopped us when we had our first one and when they first started coming out on the market and they loved the look and asked lots of questions. We save on gas, it handles well, plenty of room, can transport large objects in the back trunk area and you can't beat the price.

Good car for low price
By Mikeyman on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I like the car and would recommend it to anyone who wants a decent car for a good price.

My New 2.3L 2004 Ford Focus (Automatic)
By grecinos on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car! I had a 2001 Ford Mustang and the lease was due in early June 2004. I decided to turn in my mustang and get a Focus. I was worried about the power of the focus (especially after coming from a 6 cyl mustang). But to my surprise this little 2.3L engine puts out decent power for its size! It acutally feels a little more responsive on the low end than my mustang. The only time I notice the difference between the 2 cars is when I floor it on the highway. And even still the focus does a good job at getting up to speed. It's spacious, Economical, good looking, comfortable, and just feels right!

1 2 3 4 5 next »