Used 2004 Ford Focus Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Excellent little car
By wagnerzx2

2004 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

After my Escort ZX2 died (after 13 years) I needed a new car. After test driving several, this little wagon perked my interest. I bought it used with 86,000 miles on it in August of 2012, and since, (april 2013) have put over 20,000 miles on it. I average about 33 mpg. about 28 city, 32 against the wind, and 40 with the wind. Since I travel a lot, its great to have the cargo space and the excellent gas mileage. And when I'm home, I can haul my three kids all over the place and everyone is confortable, even with one still in a booster seat. My only downside on this very particular vehicle is that I do not have cruise control. Otherwise, its a great car.

Loads of Room Inside
By amapola

2004 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This wagon holds a ton of stuff. We are using it to go camping and there's loads of room for everything and everybody. It's a zippy little vehicle and easy to park in small spaces. Surprisingly smooth ride for such a small car. It looks very sleek ,unlike some of the SUVs we considered. Fuel economy is great. Altogether a very good buy.

Headlights. Throw a very long beam I find very good when driving along dark highways. Flat fold down back seats give huge cargo space you can even sleep in.

Better visibility when shoulder checking. Wide pillar and tinted windows made it a bit difficult for driver to shoulder check.

Love the space
By Beej

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This car is comfy to drive, with lots of cargo space. I love the large rear window so I can see out back. From the beginning I have had some skidding probs with the tires and now at 28000 miles am told I need new ones. That's disappointing.

Good cargo space, good visibility out rear window, PZEV engine

cross rails on roof rack, storage on passenger rear doors

Focus Work Wagon
By Brent

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it because my partner had 2 Foci and thought it a great car for the business. Big change from a BMW 7 series. What a great car, changed the springs right away to H&R Sport, major improvement in handling. Upgraded the sound with Boston Pro speakers. 17" custom rims and 50 series rubber. Full header and sport exhaust, throttle boy, intake make about 20 more ponies. Excellent changes and what a car now, handles and rides well, goes better and is fun to drive on trips. Now what we need is the European 5 cylinder, or 140 or best of all the Diesel Focus. Next improvement: Spax shocks and cross brace. Maybe a Jackson or Powerworks supercharger. :)

Utility of the wagon. Good all round design and reliability. Great in the snow. Cheap to run. It now handles the European version.

Diesel and 5 cylinder European option. European suspension options. Better headlights. Make the roof rack an option.

Fun around town
By T.C.

2004 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car 'cause I couldn't afford another economy car on the lot. I really do like it. I live in the big city and getting through traffic can be fun. The 2.3 is a definite plus. Quick and nice high end performance. Cornering is great also. My main drawback is the stiff suspension. I've had two back surgeries and the ride is quite bouncy. I'll try new shocks and tires, this car is worth the investment! The interior is very nice for us also. All within easy reach. I will admit though. This car is more fun to drive than comfortable. Would like to have both.

Great interior. Roomy, yet compact. Handling, performance and engine dynamics big plus. Love body style also. Nice to have a Blaupunkt stereo standard. Great sound!

Would like more comfortable ride, suspension. Even if takes from handling some. Also would like a light in the glove box. I've not seen a car without it until now. Kinda noisy on the road also.

• SUV