2004 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
SVT Focus
By b16sir1991 on 09/06/09 13:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this SVT new in Nov. 2004. I work for Ford and am a Master Tech. Being familiar with the Focus, i had to snag one before they were gone. This car has amazed me from day one. Through the years, it has just been better and better. With a few modifications here and there, this car is extremely hard to beat at 4 times the money. To date, this SVT can pull 1.15g in cornering and out brakes pretty much anything short of pure race cars. I have less then $30k in it and have out performed cars costing over $100k on short courses.

Worst car ever
By pos svt on 01/25/09 00:35 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is by far the worst car I have ever owned. I bought the car about a year ago with less than 50,000 miles and $6400 in repairs later it's still not right. I have replaced the A/C compressor and condensor, the swaybar twice, gauge cluster and I have had countless electrical problems. I just noticed that the 4th thermostat housing is leaking. The car surges while driving down the road and the dual mass flywheel is constantly chattering. When the car is running it's a blast to drive, but that really doesn't matter when it breaks down at least once a month.

I still love this car!
By juliesincharge on 05/09/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my yellow [bumble bee, per my husband] SVT in early May 2004 and have been driving it non-stop ever since. The day "I" drove it off the lot, I did not know how to drive a stick, so my husband drove it home for me. I am now a pro! It is a fabulous car. It still feels new to me. I have had the sunroof motor replace (under warranty), the driver's seat belt (twice; under warranty), the clutch petal cover, and the rotors and brake pads at 45,000 miles (for that I blame the Ford mechanics; in retrospect, I do not think they needed replaced). There is not another car I want ... until the new model Mustangs come out! I've read there were only 123 of these made; is that true????

The SVTF is a hoot
By Donland23 on 01/26/08 21:21 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my SVT Focus new with 67 miles on the clock in 8/04. As of 1/08, it's now at nearly 70k miles. While I can't say they've been entirely trouble free, the Focus has never left me stranded. All of it's foibles have been superficial. Right now it has no issues other then steering wheel wobble at freeway speeds, and even that's not too bad. Performance is superior; 0-60 mph in about 8 secs, and up to 34 mpg on the hwy are both legit numbers I've acheived. Being a hatchback has also helped, such as when I fit an entire kitchen table with the seats folded. Overall, great car for the money, and no regrets in purchasing it.

Two-time SVT Focus owner!
By dave on 12/23/07 15:55 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love my SVT Ford Focus! I was dissappointed that Ford didn't continue to produce this car, so I traded my 2002 in on a 2004. Both cars have exceeded my expectations. Every color on this car looks good, although Sonic Blue is my favorite. There is no bad version of the SVT Focus.

My SVT Focus
By **0*SILVERMAGIC*4** on 08/12/07 03:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Iíve had the car for 5 months, the exterior is great. Put a vinyl top dress it up and turn heads. Performance is awesome, wheels are great, steering and turning corners are fun, passing people on the highway is cool. The interior design is awesome looking. Seats are comfy and stereo sound system is great. 6 disk CD changer and green glow gauges. 6 speed manual transmission is great.

Great little car
By James on 06/23/07 20:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is the complete package. Sporty, well-appointed, practical, and comfortable. The engine has two personalities: docile and tame in normal driving, with excellent power when revving past 5500rpm. Great for the track, but it is a little hard to extract fun and performance on the street. Also surges when cruising. Aside from this, it's a great-looking little car with decent back seat room, and phenomenal cargo room for a compact. The handling is amazing considering its refined ride. Everything works, no rattles, and is thankfully very low-key as a performance vehicle. Mileage isn't impressive. List of features is excellent for a small car, and yetrelatively inexpensive. Highly recommended!

sports car in disguise
By recharged95 on 08/28/05 00:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the car with *the full package*. Not just shoving an S/C or turbo on for bragging rights, this car runs like a tuned European car WITH [some] torque. It handles, brakes, sounds (thumping stereo!), excellent road feel, and rides comfortably. Excellent daily driver for those on the go -- hatchback capability and room is excellent. This car is for people that know how to drive and wants a relaxing, involved driving experience. Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to drive and yet utilize the full potential of their car, hence it's demise :(. Only thing to look forward is most manufacturers have taken notice and are integrating SVT DNA into their lineups for better cars.

Most Fun for your Money
By shell2n on 01/19/05 19:12 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

A real blast of a car yet can be used for everyday driving. In fact, you want to drive more because of the fun of this car

it is very "special"
By Anthony Dorsey on 11/27/04 16:57 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

the vehicle is sooo fun to drive, i am a service advisor for ford and they don't have a better built vehicle than this/ it is a shame they stopped making them in 2004

1 2 3 4 5 next »