Used 2004 Ford Focus ZX5 Comfort Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

My first new car
By iusecad

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a '95 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 with a V8, that I owned for 7 1/2 years, for this car. So far I'm not the least bit sorry. (Although, I might miss the truck when it snows again, mostly because I don't want to expose my new car to the road salt & sand.) I guess to anyone who might be leary of downsizing like I did, give it a shot. You'd be surprised at how powerful these little cars are.

Definitely the MP3/CD radio with the cool display. The presets are displayed as the actual station frequency rather than just a number such as 1 thru 6.

I don't understand why the ignition has to be in the run position in order to roll the windows up/down. I've never owned a vehicle that I couldn't run the power windows from the accessory position.

better then expected.
By jdft

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i was expecting to settle for a plain car, due to my financial limits. but this 2.3liter engine is very fast. it has more horsepower then my huge (in comparison) sable wagon had. the only areas of concern is lower gas mileage then expected, but perhaps that is because i like to drive it hard. the a/c is weak and blow dust and leaf debris thru the vents. love the new stereo system that lets me see title of song playing.

engine power, layout of hatch and luggage space, good handling.

put a filter on a/c intake, make a/c blow colder.

Nice job Ford
By cfunk32

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car!Just bought an '04 ZX5 2.3L Man Comfort with the Audiophile & Moonroof upgrade. I love it. Drove my wife's 2001 ZX3 2.0 Auto for six months (finished lease) after she got a new car. I liked the 01 but not the noise & lack of power. Ford really improved upon the car in 3 years. My 04 is sweet! Rides great; no noise at 80mph. Bumps are like gentle kisses. 2.3 fast. Black of course. Pirelli P6s are nice too.

2.3L is efficient & fast. Really pulls, especially between 3000 & 5500 RPM. $3000 in rebates and .9% certainly doesn't hurt.

God I hate that rear bumper. Doors seem cheaper than '01.

Love this car.
By chunt777

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was really sceptical about this car when qwe went to buy it. I thought it would be under powered and un comfortable. I am a big person over 6' tall and weight to go with it. To my suprise you could adjust the seat to fit even my size. My wife fell in love with it but i was still leary. After a couple of weeks and driving it myself,though I dont get to drive it veroften it's "Her" car, my mind was tottaly changed. It is very peppy for a four banger and a blast to drive. Another huge plus is the stereo rocks. Over ll this car is awsome.

Mp3 plater and stereo and 32 miles to the gallon.

Sunroof would be nice and get the cruise control its not much more but it would be worth it.

A Clean Green Sports Machine
By clintondee

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

WoW! The New Partial Zero Emmission 2.3 liter engine from Ford is a real treat. Not only is the engine much more powerful than the z-tec it emits close to no harmful emissions. Emission related components are covered up to 15 years or 150,000 miles! The zx5 interior is exceptionally roomy and its dash is stylish and well laid out. The cd/mp3 player is great. The hatchback design coupled with the four doors makes the Zx5 a real family car. Access to all seats is good and there's actually alot of room behind the rear seats for groceries. Fold down the rear seats and you have a ton of useable space. In all the zx5 is great@!

The cd/Mp3 stereo, the pzev 2.3 engine, standard alloy rims and Goodyear eagles, and the hatchback.

Use a little softer material on dash to avoid scratches. Otherwise its looks fine.