2004 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Sweet Surprise
By John Royce on 07/08/06 08:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased our Focus as a commuter but we use it so much more. We never buy 4 cylinders with automatic transmissions, but here it's perfectly mated. Steering is direct with good on center feel. The 2.3L PZEV engine is refined and responsive. It's quite roomy and the hatch lends SUV utility. At 40,000 miles, it has been totally reliable. It's solid, tight and remains an absolute pleasure to drive. Plus, the Audiophile in-dash 6CD stereo package is amazing in such an inexpensive car. It's also reasonably quiet, although better sound proofing could make this car nearly perfect. All in all, a dynamic, fun, surprisingly premium experience.

Fun To Drive - Easy To Park
By NY Commuter on 06/18/06 19:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A great car, wonderfully flexible and spacious interior, never felt claustrophobic like other cars in its class that I looked at (like Corolla, Matrix, Scion, Civic, etc.). 28 mpg average city-and-highway driving, and I drive in New York City. Zippy handling, comfortable ride, a real pleasure to drive. Why anyone who wants a small car buys anything else is beyond me. This car is a great bargain and completely reliable.

My Focus
By laurie on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2002 Focus used. It has been an absolute pleasure. The hatchback and split rear seat offers great cargo storage. I have been able to move all sorts of stuff. My boyfriend is 6'4" and fits very well into the car. People are usually suprised about how roomy the inside is for a small car, and ther comment posativly on the design. Mine is a 5 speed and is a kick to drive. Peppy and responsive.

excellent car
By Nancy Macias on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i love my ford focus, we liked it so much we bought another one, they're some of the best cars ford's come out with..

Ford Focus
By Donald L Larson on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Drives like a dream. Corners beautiful.

I Love It!
By nancy williams on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really love my new Ford Focus ZX5. It's roomy, comfortable and fun to drive. I think the design is very distictive and attractive.

Look at me!
By Iownafocus on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus was purchased because it looked like a "cute" car. Once we began driving the Focus, we realized it was more than just looks, it was small enough to fit into those tight parking spaces, yet has room inside for the crowd. The trunk, well it's very impressive, we could fit 2 baskets full of groceries inside the trunk! It's so fun to have this car, and I am sure that you will agree.