Used 2004 Ford Focus ZX3 Comfort Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I love my ZX3
By cornopro

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Comfort 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought a new 2004 Ford Focus ZX3, with the 2.0 liter Zetec engine and an automatic. After having driven a minivan for several years, it is so much fun to zip around in traffic in this car. The handling is awesome, especially considering the price. I bought it for nearly 4 grand off the sticker!I really like my Focus, although I wish for a little better gas mileage. Great car!

Favorite Features

Handling, versatility, exterior styling, acceleration, price.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

Nice Surprise!
By ValWat1

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Comfort 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At first when my salesman brought the car over for me to look at honestly I thought "I dont like it" because I really wanted a 4 door model. But when I sat in it I noticed how comfortable the seats were, how great the stereo was, the neat armrest compartment between the seats the (get this) Cruise Control & on & on...Also how surprisingly LARGE the trunk space is I fell in LOVE with it.

Favorite Features

CD silver color & THE SPACE! It has so much space inside for a car that appears so small on the outside. See I also have an Escape and I feel just as comfortable in my truck and I do in my Focus but the Focus is more fun to drive and surprisingly handles very well.

Suggested Improvements

I need somewhere to put my CD's, I have the COMFORT model and it doesnt have cd storage. I just put them in the glove compartment. I would sacrifice the cruise control & remote trunk opener for auto door/windows/mirrors on my model.

focus automatic ? 2.0
By tyim

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Comfort 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I once had a 01' model with a 5 speed, this auto is just as fun to drive and the the quality is so good compared to other cars I have had " neon,mustang,daewoo" to name a few. I would give it a second look, can so many europeans be that wrong ?

Favorite Features

Automatic transmission and the steering, I love it.

Suggested Improvements

The base model should have all wheel disk brakes and a RS model in the usa ?

World Ford Lemon
By Fjorda D'Cheape

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Comfort 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After purchase, I feel abandoned by World Ford. [Although, I did get solicitations for auto insurance] Engine idles roughly -- enough to shake the vehicle. Cuts completely out when coasting with the clutch in. Frankly, I do not trust WF enough to take it back. I can see the $$$ now -- as I opted out of the maintenance trap - - a mistake, I suppose.

Favorite Features

Looks.

Suggested Improvements

Honest Dealerships

my best new car ever
By glen

2004 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Comfort 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At 6 foot ten and 350 lbs it isn't easy finding a car that i can fit into much less be comfortable in. imagine my surprise when the car turns out to be fun to drive and, is problem free. On a 900 mile trip i even got more MPG than ever. 33 while cruising at 75. WOW !!! This car just continues to be a joy. Color me in for a svt if they add an automatic.

Favorite Features

Head room

Suggested Improvements

Add an automatic to the added ponies of a SVT