2003 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Why did I buy this car?

2003 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Review

Why did I buy this car?
By Jason on

2003 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned the car since new and have been battling problems ever since. The problems range from mechanical to customer service. The first winter I owned the car it would not start several times. I called the dealership and was told that this was "normal". The entire exhaust system needed replaced at 10,000 miles. The drivers side window developed several large scratches that the cause could not be explained by the dealership. Ford is unwilling to replace. The scratches continue to get worse. Lots of squeaks and rattles after only 34K miles. I wish I would have shopped around more. For the same $22K I could have bought an RSX Type S and had much better resale value.

HID headlights and Audiophile stereo.

Needs more covered interior storage. Needs better build quality and hopefully that would lead to better resale value. Needs better customer service from dealerships (I've been to four different ones). Ford - Are you listening?