What an oustanding vehicle
By ajpuckett on
2003 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
After 5 months and 6000 miles I am very happy with this car. The best thing about it by far is its exceptional handling. It is so much fun to drive that I often drive it unnecessarily. The acceleration is nothing to write home about but about as good as all the other cars in this class. The sound system rocks even without the six-speaker/subwoofer/6-disc changer upgrade. I can only imagine how great the other system sounds. It gets great fuel economy, I average about 33 mpg on the highway and 25 in the city. I test drove almost 10 different cars in this class before choosing a Focus, and only Mazda Protege came close to being this much fun to drive.
Favorite Features
Looks and feels luxurious with leather-wrapped steering wheel, 16-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels, and rear spoiler. Exceptional handling makes it a joy to drive. Great sound system and fuel economy. I recommend it to anyone, especially young drivers/first-time buyers.
Suggested Improvements
Iím disappointed that some of my favorite standard features on the '03 ZTS are now an option package on the '04, although they did give it the better 2.3 L engine. Glad I bought it in '03. Fix the MP3 player so that it starts the song where you left off when you restart the car.