2003 Ford Focus 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Used SVT

2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Used SVT
By Blaise Mikau on

2003 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

i was looking for a sports compact. However the focus SVT was nowhere near the top when i was deciding. the Eclipse, Tiburon, and Mazda Protege 5 were my top choices. However due to a mix up at car max the car i wanted was no longer there. So i looked around. I had heard good things about the SVT to i took a chance. as soon as he open the door i was in love. The leather trim seats were eye catching. Once he started it, the purr of the engine was beautiful. i test drove and was sold. the SVT suspension is surpieror to and other STOCK compact car. This along with the Kit and Exhaust tip, saved me alot of money on visual upgrades. I put a AEM shortram and my cruise speed went from 80 to 90.

Favorite Features

Stock looks and performance for the base price. 6 disk CD changer. since its a focus it's very roomy, and has head room, im 6'2" and have plenty of room. THe seat also can be moved up and down vertically! I sat in an eclipse and my head was peaking through the sunroof. Suspension and huge Brakes.

Suggested Improvements

More Torque, however that can be improved with some added bolt-ons. Gas mileage could be better. the 300 HP suburu STI almosts gets the same mileage per gallon. other than that it's a wonderfull car. And if u got an extra $4000 u can get a vortex charger that takes it from 170bhp to 276whp