2003 Ford Focus Consumer Review: The Worst Car I've Ever Owned

2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

The Worst Car I've Ever Owned
By William Sparrow on

2003 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Instrument cluster died first, that alone was around six hundred dollars. Three sensors were defective and it failed inspection. A vacuum switch was followed by a major transmission malfunction. The trunk can be problematic at times. The visors are poor and the ignition switch is faulty. I have put 21000 gentle miles on this sedan. I drive like an old man and have this car serviced regularly (when it is not being repaired). I am a teacher and find myself struggling financially as a result of this purchase. The repair costs have far outweighed the fuel savings. I believe that Ford is negligent beyond reason. Ford should be ashamed of this abysmal car!

The windshield wipers because they work! It is one of the few parts that I have not replaced.

Spend more time working out the kinks and potential defects of a product before placing on the market. This product (2003 Focus) is not ergonomically sound.