2003 Ford Focus Consumer Review: SVT Focus is a high point for

2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

SVT Focus is a high point for Ford
By Bryan Redeker on

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my SVT Focus used from my dad after I sold my 2000 Focus ZX3. The SVT Focus is great to drive, both on the street, at autocrosses, and on the track. The Recaro seats are very supportive for cornering, and the brakes are perfect! Stomping the middle pedal really hauls the car down on the straight away. With the 6-speed gearbox, I pulled off 40 mpg on a highway trip. How many cars have HID's, Recaro seats, 6-speed gear boxes, big brakes, and get 40 mpg! Only one, and that is the SVT Focus. Usual mileage is 32 combined. I love my Focus and it is one of the best compact cars ever made, and a high point for Ford!

Massive brakes, 6-speed gearbox, Recaro heated seats, HID lights, precise handling, classic European Ford styling, and some of the best interior ergonomics I have ever seen. The car shocks anyone who has never been in a SVT Focus before. On the street or on the track, this car is a blast!

DSI clip suffers from failures, and a few other small issues. Factory computer tune had some stumbling around 3k rpm, but a new tune fixed it. Ford's only fault with the SVT was not making it anymore after 2004.