Not a Lemon, but NOT a great car
By CharlestonGurl on
2003 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my 03 Ford Focus LX used at 35000 mi. Drove great for first year. Soon after, alternator died (after draining 2 batteries), brakes CONSTANTLY squealed (even after replacing rotors), a pipe to the engine RUSTED OFF (luckily a friend could replace it for me), tail lights died a lot, ridiculous rattle/vibration in the dash that would go away if you hit the dashboard, trunk would not latch since the last few months. I was in a wreck a month ago that totaled the car at 141,000 mi. I walked away without a scratch, so I guess the car was pretty durable. Wouldn't purchase another one though, I'm looking for a Toyota Camry or Nissan Altima now.
Favorite Features
Hmm. Repairs were easy to do, even hobby mechanics could easily do my repairs. The car was pretty durable. I've rear-ended a couple of ppl and then was in a head on collision with absolutely no injuries.
Suggested Improvements
Give the car some frills and make it more reliable. Put some quality into it! The interior is very very cheap, but it works. Make a car that doesn't slowly fall apart after the first 60,000 miles.