Laundry List of Problems!!!
By rlsid21 on
2003 Ford Focus SE Comfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
My 2003 Ford Focus SE (Automatic) was my first car I ever purchased, little did I know that I should have done my homework before making the commitment. I bought it pre-owned through the Ford Dealership. I should have inspected it at first sight. It had two torn tires, the roof interior was covered completely in ketchup! I let that one go. Over the years, the ignition locked up, had to get that replaced, the engine gasket broke, the transmission went out completely, got that replaced $4,000 later (in March 2011), the sway bar started squeaking, now the having engine problems, the timing belt broke off, and valves need to be replaced (Sept. 2011) Mechanics quoted $2,000 for repairs.
Favorite Features
Little to none with this category. The interior was nice but there could be more room for my tall passengers.
Suggested Improvements
The Ford Focus was a complete disappointment. The interior was falling apart despite it's nice appearance. The screws were coming apart, the automatic trunk was clicking 3-4x every time I opened it (would get stuck almost every time!), ignition should NOT lock up to a point where the mechanic has to break it open to fix, the remote to open the driver door stopped working, mechanics were often frustrated trying to fix every little thing wrong with this car. How to improve? Get a Japanese made car.....