Got ripped off what people say is true about the focus
By kyle710 on
2003 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Bought it 6 months ago its a 2003 with 96000 miles I got a bad deal on it since it was a buy here pay here deal 8500$ but still. In the 6 months its been on a tow truck 3 times first the alternator that happen 20 min after I bought it! But they thought it was the battery so they fixed that for me then The check engine light was on brought it to my mechanic and they said it needed a thermostat and new hoses. 610$ later. Then the ac compressor went out and had that towed because it LOCKED the whole car up and wouldnt start. Now my check engine lights on again and also the "check gas cap" light and the gas cap is on... I never thought a car could be so buggy. Giving it back when taxes come back
Favorite Features
Handling and radio. But can feel ever bump in the road and when its raining or road is wet the front shocks sound like a sweaky toy. But speakers are rather Impressive for 9 year old stalk speakers.
Suggested Improvements
Um I can only hope the new focus is better i think it just needed a all new redesign. Its just a cheap car that isnt so cheap to maintain. And btw its an auto trans which is starting to mess up which is sending the check engine light on and off sometimes my mechanic said. Sad even my own dealership after the fact said to me. "a Ford focus is like a bic lighter once it runs outta gas you throw it away." I agree completely! Dont know if id buy another ford again.