2003 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Clear sailing

2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZTW Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Clear sailing
By matthewew on

2003 Ford Focus ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. The only issue is that it is rough on tires. I normally get about 40K out of a 60K tire. I average 26-27mpg in the winter and 29-32mpg the rest of the year. I have 149900 miles on my car. I have not experienced many of the issues that others have, but then I bought mine new and know what it has gone through. If you do the maintenance when the owner's manual says to do it then you will have very few problems. Word to drivers the rotors are not the best, but the pads are really good so if you have worn out your brake pads, that is on you. I went 89K before having to change rotors and it was a mountain pass that did in the rear brake pads.

Gas mileage, cargo space, zippy engine, low noise, really good suspension for a small car. Easy access to the radio and window controls.

Not much, from what I can see fixing the tire issue destabilizes the automobile. I think there is room for improvement in the mpg as I can sometimes get 43 to 45 in the mountains or on longer trips.