2003 Ford Focus Consumer Review: A beautiful hypochondriac girl

2003 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Review

A beautiful hypochondriac girlfriend.
By gukin on

2003 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

We started off well, me and my orange Euro appearance SVT when the clutch starting making odd sounds around 6000 miles. I brought it into the dealer where he replaced the clutch & flywheel. He also borked the exhaust system, alignment, and shift linkage. I brought it back because my SVT steered like a cow and the dealer aligned it and "balanced" the tires. He actually "unbalanced" the tire and now my car shakes like a paint mixer. The shift linkage broke three miles from home so I drove at 6000 RPM in first gear. The dealer repaired the shifter but crashed the front-end which now squeaks like an old rocking chair. Ford built it badly and the dealer has finished it off.

Looks cool, fun when it runs, great stereo until that breaks. Great handling until the dealer jacks the alignment & borks the wheel balance. Weak at low RPMs but since the shifter and cluch are trash, it's only drivable in 1'st anyway. Free loaner when in the shop!

Ford's initial quality & dealer quality are AWFUL. My car is a hopeless pile of junk. It steers awful, handles awful, shakes (if I can get it out of 1'st), scares me to death and, since the dealer has ruined it, the car is worthless(6700 miles). It could have been fun.