2003 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Love my Ford Focus
By Patricia Lejsek on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was not looking for a Focus when I went to get a car. Due to the dealer not having the car I really wanted on the lot, I chose to get a 2003 Ford Focus, brand new, right off the show room floor. I love my Focus, and will be driving it for a long while before I get another car.

What an oustanding vehicle
By ajpuckett on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 5 months and 6000 miles I am very happy with this car. The best thing about it by far is its exceptional handling. It is so much fun to drive that I often drive it unnecessarily. The acceleration is nothing to write home about but about as good as all the other cars in this class. The sound system rocks even without the six-speaker/subwoofer/6-disc changer upgrade. I can only imagine how great the other system sounds. It gets great fuel economy, I average about 33 mpg on the highway and 25 in the city. I test drove almost 10 different cars in this class before choosing a Focus, and only Mazda Protege came close to being this much fun to drive.

My 2002 Focus ZTS
By Devls1 on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Definitely a great vehicle for what I do for a living (Real Estate Appraiser). I travel to several different counties, and the Focus is perfect for what I needed. A comfortable ride (and I'm 6 ft 2, 235 lbs.), and handles extremely well. Maintenance costs are minimal, and I am very pleased with that. I'm happy where I got it from, and I would definitely buy another one.

nice
By Priddy on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Of all the cars that I have owned, this is the best car that is out there. Me and my wife drove to Florida in this car right after I purchased it, it was very nice.

Extreme Fun!
By Stryford on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My ZTS is amazingly fun to drive! I've owned several cars over the years, but the Focus is the best handling car I've ever owned. It handles as well, or better, than many European cars. For a small car, the interior is very roomy and comfortable. The seat height adjustment with the tilt and telescoping steering wheel really makes finding the right seating position easy. I would definitely recommend a Focus if you want a small, dependable, great handling car. I have test driven a Dodge Neon, a Honda Civic, and a Mazda Protege, and only the Mazda comes close to the complete small car package of the Ford Focus. As if you couldn't tell, I love my car!

not the best car......
By designgrl on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE Comfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

bought this car 5 months ago, has been in the shop 4 times, and will be back again next week! electrical problem, brake problem at 400 miles(!), the windshield motor was broken when i drove it off the lot, a strange ticking noise in the dash that they can't seem to fix, and a defective tire that they won't replace- 1 tire badly damaged after only 6k for no reason (no curbs, potholes). also, during 1 repair, dealer broke my transmission dipstick while trying to force in, will not replace!

Thanks! Ford
By Mable Moses on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Thanks, We have been Ford owner for lots of years, the proud owner of a Ford Focus. Our first Ford Focus was a 2001. But, in June 2003, we had a head-on car accident with the Focus.The car was a total lost. We only had seat belt and air bag damages. After the settement of the car, the value of the car was good, we got more out of the car than what we paid for it. Now, we got another 2003 Ford Focus. My car is a 2001 Ford Escort ZX2, but my next car will be a Ford Focus. I want to thank the "Lord" and "Ford" for the protecting of our lives. Thanks, Mable Moses 492 Odum Road Lumberton, NC 28360

mine
By JDJ on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this is the second focus i have had...my previous was a 02 ford focus (just a few minor problems with the 02 that i had over 2 years) this has been a great car so far no complaints

Enjoy My ZTS w/2.3 PZEV
By Red Doggy on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Really surprised by the performance and smoothness of the 2003 ZTS with the 2.3 PZEV engine and 5 speed manual transmission. I've owned it for 2 months and had no problems. It handles like a sporty car. Hope the reliability is better than the earlier 2000-2001 models, which received a lot of recalls.

2003 ZTS
By Prashant on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun ride and affordable too Great handling compared to sticker price. Love the tilt and telescoping steering wheel.