2003 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Under-rated, under-estimated
By warehousebum on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely in love with this car. Don't be off-put by the 2000-2001 recall whiners- hasn't been a recall since '01 and my ZX3 hasn't had a single problem to date. This car is so much fun to drive that I often find myself taking the long-way to destinations. A convoluted intake system robs this car of much-needed low-end torque (even with the 5-speed manual), but it's still easy to chirp the tires and it's great in the higher revs. A surprisingly fun car to flog in the twisties. All the friends whom I've allowed to test-drive don't want to give up the keys. For a $13,000 hatch-back!

THIS CAR IS FANTASTIC!!!!
By JONATHAN ANTONIO on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this one is a real buy, for under $12K, i got what i wanted for a coupe! compared to those high priced hondas and toyotas!!i just love to drive anywhere, even to las vegas!! the power is amazing!

# 1
By AlexArgumedo on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The best car i ever drive

bellissima macchina!
By vaccamucca on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i bought the zx5 in late july and have just over 600 mi. i love it! i had a honda accord and a nissan sentra but this is the best by far. it seems so sporty and refined

ZX3 With PZEV engine
By nowlaj on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a very fun car to drive. Acceleration is solid and the 2.3L PZEV engine has more pickup than its predecessor. No defects noted both exterior and interior. A wonderful car to drive

2003 Focus ZX3
By pmh on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really do like the Focus, but too many problems, and I though 2003 vehicles had been fixed. I have had my car back 5 times having new rotors at 9000 miles, alignment problems, vibrations through through the steering wheel, water leaking in from the windsheild, radio, door latches sticking, exterior trim falling off. Its just not worth it...stay away from this vehicle. Ford does not accept any responsibility for the product!!!

Fast & Fun!
By Jack198 on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is fast & fun, a great deal. Great freeway driving, takes the turns well.

CD Silver Focus
By jeromeswink on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy this vehicle and the support Ford gives when purchasing from them. My Mom drives it more than I do because she enjoys the Focus that much more than her car. I've never owned a new car and it was a very big deal for me. I looked at the Mazda Protege 5, Toyota Matrix and the Ford Focus. Style, options and fitting my 6'4" frame into the car was big consideration. I LOVE MY FORD FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Great car
By DanteGreen on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the car on the 27th of June, and I have had the car for a lil under 3 weeks now and I have to say I love my car thus far, its everything I expected it to be and more. I purchased it for $14,000 flat with license, title and fee's. I felt as if I got a great deal and thats including the destination charge, weather package, and the 6-disc changer with audiophile package, not to mention I did get the best ZX5 available in the Premium, so I did well in my mind. The car is faster then I expected also. Over all, the car is great and with the new powertrain warranty, things are looking well!

Great Car!
By Chris Rupp on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just has been a great car overall. Have never had to take it in for any un-scheduled maintence. Very funny to drive. Even after 41,000 miles in that little time I have never had any problems at all with it.