2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Nice Wagon
By Deb on 01/25/08 11:43 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little wagon with exceptional gas mileage. Right now has 100,000 on it an still running nicely. The ignition lock froze up around 70,000 and had to be replaced and the shift solenoid in the tranny was just done last week. Other than that, just general maintenance. Have driven this car all over the country and it's always started and run nicely. I do not go to dealerships for upkeep on my car, I go to Firestone so haven't had problems with recurrent brake issues, etc.

do not buy this car
By Emilee on 01/19/08 11:32 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my ford focus for one year and so far my ignition has gone out, my clutch has gone out, my fuel injector has gone out, my power steering has gone out, my windows have stopped going down and much more. Do not purchase this car. IT will be the worst mistake you ever make. I am still paying $200 a month for my mistake and can't get out of it because i am upside down in it.

Problems?...Not Ford's.
By Derek Ripley on 01/14/08 13:10 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for almost a year, I bought it with about 65k miles on it. I have never had any problems with this car other than ones that I solved, and they were problems that I could have avoided. It's fun to drive, gets better than est. gas mileage.

Basically, a very good car
By Lance on 01/12/08 14:53 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Low mileage car when I bought it. 2.0 Zetec, 5 spd. I drive it conservatively & get 35mpg overall. Love hatchback room & a pity it is no longer offered. A very good, reliable car, new, or used, for the money.

Personal thoughts of my first new car
By John on 01/09/08 00:08 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive with its sharp cornering abilities, handles better than some all wheel drive vehicles in the snow and on the ice. It's low to the ground for superb handling. Will hold very well in cold conditions.

Great Car!
By FocusFan on 12/26/07 18:11 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car and so far it has been great. We've had it for a year and it hasn't had so much as a battery problem-Extremely reliable. The car is easy and fun to drive with tight steering and a lot of zip to it. Both the interior and exterior have a really cool design. I do a have some complaints; The interior-actually the whole car- has an overuse of cheap plastic and the brakes squeak, but only in very cold, rainy, or snowy weather. If you're looking for a reliable car you can't go wrong with the Focus.

My pokis
By Jerrid Francis on 11/11/07 00:16 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had My Focus for 4 years, It's been great never had any problems with my car. I have put a lot of miles on this car. A lot of counrty roads city roads and hiways. I have put 3 sets of tires on it and a brake light bulb. I live in the snow belt and the car gets around in it good, The only downfall is that you can't get real tires on it only toy tires. I would like to beable to have real snow tires studs caps mud tires what ever thar called, and a little higher off the ground would be great. It's not so great on the sand bar. And another downfall it rides like a lumberjack. If Ford would build a car that's higher of the ground real tires, all wheel drive, 4cyl diesel, that would be great.

Ford Focus 03 dohc
By Ed Dickinson on 09/23/07 16:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Drove car off show room, never had a problem, except normal maintenaince. The car needs more power, a min.of 190hp to 210hp. The lack of power is a big draw back wth the Ford Focus.

Ford Fun Car...
By Ford Fun CAr... on 09/17/07 16:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great city and short range trip car. Tight! Quick, totally adaquate. Can steal a parking place in a heart beat! Handles great. Would definitely recomment or buy again. Plus good visibility.

I love this car!
By SVT1105 on 09/10/07 07:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Well, I have only had this car for a week now, but I love this car! It's so fun to drive and its peppy! I have had so many people say they love it! I really don't think I have had any issues or complaints about the vehicle! I would recommend this car to everyone who wants a sporty, fun car to drive with decent gas mileage!