2003 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
worth the money
By b-l-z-a-bob on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

One great car for the money. Especially with the 2.3 engine. Ride and handling for a car this size is excellent. Performance for this engine, even with an automatic is great too. Brakes are sufficient, and seem well balanced. All controls in the car are well placed too. Driving position is very comfortable, and I'm over 6 foot. Car does well at accomodating four adults, and can handle the extra passengers (power-wise) very well.

Best in class
By 2.3 focus R on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

improvements not required in the focus line up. performance is great with the 2.3 engine; better than almost any other car in its class, even better than the V-6 in my wife's malibu! It's relatively quiet, even w/ low profile tires. handling is great, as is comfort on longer trips. driver seat adjustability is great. If you like to drive, and you're on a budget, this is your car!

quite a good car
By asb on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy my new Focus. It is a confortable car and I like it. Still not confortable with the gas mileage...could be much better for this size car.

Great car to roll off a cliff
By John Berklon on 06/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the worst piece of trash I have seen in my life. After 2 months and 5k miles the engine blew out...Great work Ford...Living up to your name of fix or repair daily.

Love my little Focus!
By tsarina007 on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove this car on a whim, and fell in love. It handles like a dream, has great pick-up, and a nice quiet ride. It has a great sound system, and bunch of little, thoughtful features (like a glow-in-the-dark trunk release inside the trunk). Plus, it's really really cute!

Money well spent
By nativejayhawk on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car with a lot of pep. I owen a 2004 Mustang and I enjoy driving the focus just as much. Great stereo system. The focus has a smooth ride. With few exterior upgrades like I have done it really an eye-catching vehicle.

Fab Focus
By chekmarc on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent value for the money. Solid construction, well equipped as standard and very comfortable for a small car. I purchased several options because I spend a lot of time in my car (heated seats/mirrors, spoiler, leather, 6-disc in-dash CD, low- profile tires, power moon roof). It was worth it. I also like the european styling. The ZTS/ZTW has plenty of power with the 2.0 litre. Next model year available with 2.3 litre, even better.

Great Car
By ranran31 on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A Great car to drive and very well designed

2003 SE with Zetec & auto
By Koolaid Kid on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nicely equipped for a reasonable price. Peppy Zetec engine, lots of features too (e.g. cruise, power everything, cd changer in the dash). Handles well for an economy sedan, have to keep remembering to drive safely. Smooth ride, fairly quiet on the road. Comfortable seats, but hard to reach the wheel when the seat is all the way back (6-1, 230 lbs). I was hesitant due to reliability and build quality reputation, hope I am not disappointed like some Focus owners.

Love my Ford Focus
By Patricia Lejsek on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was not looking for a Focus when I went to get a car. Due to the dealer not having the car I really wanted on the lot, I chose to get a 2003 Ford Focus, brand new, right off the show room floor. I love my Focus, and will be driving it for a long while before I get another car.