2003 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
liked my Contour better
By wcfenner on 11/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car, but I loved my 95 Ford Contour. I keep my cars for at least 150K miles, so hopefully my Focus will last as long as my last car. I really wish I had purchased the power premium model, but at the time I wanted a liquid grey 5spd and there was only premium available.

It really is fun to drive
By puckhead on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Though i've only owned for a week i have been very impressed with a few things. Like many have said, this car corners like no other. I've owned a 2000 Mustang and an a BMW. This thing beats them. The shifter is best. Just has a great feel and smooths the bumps. I hope the reliability and longevity are as good as the first impression.

Love My Focus
By ehren on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When my T-Bird was involved in an accident, I was given a Ford Focus to drive by the rental company. I thought I would hate driving a smaller car. After a week I bought one.

look out japan
By bill scwarz on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

im a toyota man.bought this focus because i got such a great price.Im glad i did. There all over europe and now i know why.The unibody construction vehicle is quick and handles like a car that costs 10 grand more

Love MY Focus!
By SmilinDaz on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The name of my car is true! Focus!! It gave me nre focus ... a wonderful "happy" yellow ,,, and a joy to drive!

I love the Car
By sugawoman on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I honestly love the car. It rides great and is so much fun!

Good ride for the $$$
By VS on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2.3L 5SPD ZX5 for about 3 months now. Overall it's a VERY well equiped car for the money with Ford's rebates ($3K.) One of the very few 5 doors hatchbacks on the market it offers a lot of cargo space with the back seats (which fold virtually flat) down. One major gripe is the driver's seat. Don't know who designed it but the shape is HORRIBLE. I'm average hight and build and cannot make it comfortable... tried all possible adjustments.

Great Little Vehicle
By Mr. Clean on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Premium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Focus about a month now and like it better every day. Handling is great - surprisingly comfortable and more room than might be expected from this sharp looking small vehicle. The mileage hasen't gotten up yet but I know it will. Planning on a fairly long trip with this car shortly and really looking forward to it.

Love my car
By chuckangerstein on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had one problem with my Ford Focus ZX3, the check engine light stays on, I've had it fixed multiple times and it just comes right back on. Other than that it's been great. I've driven it all over California. It handled the curves and turns on narrow Highway 1 like a $30,000 sports car and it can haul so much stuff it's amazing. It's the perfect blend of utility and fun for me.

Fun and More Fun
By ZX5 Lover on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 Comfort 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I actually have the 2.3 liter engine and it is the best car I love it. the engine pick up is fantastic my last car had the worse pick and the ZX5 just goes!