2003 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Ford Focus Fun
By Eibhlin on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my ZX5! However, I'm not getting the mileage I thought I would be getting. I also have a problem with the windshield wiper design. There always seems to be a stream of wated running down the windshield to the right of my line of vision. It gets annoying.

Red_Bird
By scjenk on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have put 6100 miles on it in 3 months and have no problems to report. The car is very quiet comparded to it's competition, and rides good for a small car. This is the best handling car I have ever driven, handles like an expensive sports car. Needs more power, especially when coupled to the automatic. Gas milage is a little disappointing, averaging 26 MPG for mostly highway driving.

Reliable and fun to drive
By carlos1 on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was somewhat dubious about the Focus after reading certain comments about earlier models but after 6 months and 11000 miles I've had no problems at all. Drives very well, feels sturdy and looks good (hatchback.) So far it seems like a really good deal. More fun to drive than the Japanese competition.

Focus is the new Model T
By mczcoke on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ford Focus has got to be the best buy for the dollar around, from peformance handling to all around styling and driving charisma. No other company can touch the aftermarket power Ford has poured into the compact street racer forums and minds of the young individual alike and still get outstanding mileage out of it. A+++++

Great Car at a Reasonable Price
By HosMan on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase a new car every two to three years. I am amazed at how well this car is put together and how well it designed inside and out. Granted I have only driven it for 2000 miles but I like it more each day. It is loaded with little features that are usually only found in more expensive models. The sound system is great. If you need a good puddle jumper for under $13,000, this is your car.

Fabulous Focus
By danielle71 on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very reliable, sporty and fun to drive. It's a great car!

Focus on fun and value!
By gerard on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the most handsome cars on the road, inside or outside. As far as value goes, this car is difficult to beat. 145 horsepower engine, power: abs brakes, windows, locks, moonroof, tilt/telescopic steering-wheel, 6 way adjustable drivers seat, 6 disc in-dash cd player with 80 watt stereo, air conditioning, built in foglights, heated front seats, heated power side mirrors,roomy rear cargo area, usable center armrest,and 16 inch alloy wheels. This car rides very smoothly on all road surfaces and the automatic transmission and engine operates like velvet.

Great car for the money
By Melinda Dawson on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is zippy for the price. Nice styling and easy to drive. Hate the seat setup as I can't adjust the wheel and accelerator distance to match my body... but other than that have no complaints

love my little hatchback
By grammie on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love to drive my little Focus. I am a Grammie and it is the best car for the bucks. I feel very secure and comfy in it and it handles well. Perfect for traveling back and forth to work and milage is excellent.

Great Little Car
By gohlson on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've really enjoyed my Focus. It not really a fancy car, but it's nicely built, solid and dependable. I'm a fairly big man and I can get in it comfortably without having to do a lot of contortions to fit in the seat. The headroom is excellent and it is not cramped at all. It has a nice comfortable ride, too. If you have to commute a ways to work, this is the car for you. I'd had the car about a week and had to make a trip from Kansas City to Mitchell, SD.(about 400 miles and did so one tank of gas.)I'll definitely buy another one some day.