2003 Ford Focus SVT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
ford focus--COLLECTIBLE
By mickeysmarauder on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

like the ergonometrics--very comforta ble riding unit-rides around corners as if on rails-spirited response(for the horses available)-no problems so far

Fantastic small car for the money
By BHenze on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What can I say, fast, fun to drive and good looking small car. This is the the only small car I would drive.

real performer
By inahurry on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The SVT Focus is a true performance car (see stats in Consumer Reports, which say, among other things, that the SVT is about equal to a Porche 911 with respect to its handling). Ford makes available lots of great extras that others don't, at least for the price (HID headlamps, audiophile sound, heated seats, etc.). I still think, like the other reviews, that more low end power is ironically missing. Still, the car is very, very well balanced and responsive. The 6-speed transmission is nice.

SVT EUROPEAN PACKAGE
By CKW on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Spend the extra $ on the Euro package, worth it for the Recaro leather seats, Argent Mutispoke Alloys, Xenon lights. Although pricy $3500 it only comes in 2 colors Competition Orange or Screaming Yellow. I bought the Yellow and let me tell you this car gets as much attention as Ferrari for 2 reasons 1 if you buy the euro package its rare enough you probably wont see more than 1 or 2 in your area, people are not sure what it is, I ordered a large roof spoiler (world rally car type) from europe just too ad to peoples confusion. Very quick car and amazing braking handles like a gokart, I paid $22k a little pricy maybe but the fun factor and perf. worth it

Fun for the Money
By Sulyman on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a very fun car. My only complaint is the low end torque. It is a little sluggish at low RPM's. Other that that, way to go SVT.

Gotta luv it
By tysride on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just picked this leftover 03 ZX5 SVT up last week. Tested just about every car in this class, except GM. Less $ than Mini S, better handling than Matrix XRS, less $$ than WRX, better mpg than V-6 'Stang and more room too. I traded a '96 GT convt for this and don't miss it one bit. This is way more fun. I'll wait a year before I bolt on the Jackson supercharger, then it'll be even more fun.

WOW!!! THIS IS IT!!!!!
By j.becker on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Since owning this vehicle, I cant stay out of it! I look for excuses to go places. I am 44 years of age, this is my second Focus, my first a 2001 zx3 was also a great, and trouble free vehicle. I love the look of envy I get from all the neighborhood teen age kids when I pull up and they are messing with thier honda's ! Eat my dust!!!!

Great Car
By ADM on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The best way to catagorize this car is it's motorcycle with windows. It handles great and is great fun to drive. Wish it had a little more power, but that's always the case.

nice ride
By Robert Penkert on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

this is a fun car to drive.the build quality seems very good and tight.it is fully loaded but wish didn't trac.control as you can't shut it off completly even when you switch it off(pull fuse to do burn out drag racing)other wise this is a kick a** all around suprise other people fun car.

SVT Rules
By Obsession on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SVT SVT 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Excellent handling, 28+mpgs (no kidding), wonderfull array of features, comfort is thru the roof. Adults of average height (5'10"-6') sit comfortably in back seat w/ average height driver/passenger (and I have a moonroof).