2003 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Think Twice Before You Buy!
By mffswebmaster on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As the webmaster for the MyFordFocusSucks website, my feelings on this car should be quite clear. Although initially fun to drive, the repair nightmares and shoddy build quality have changed my mind forever about Ford. As the owner of five other Ford/Mercury products in the last four years alone, they have lost a significant amount of future business!

good bang for the buck
By smacks on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for 4 months and I love it. My dollars went a long way in QUALITY, which is more than I can say for the competitors in it's price range.

high rev
By uopdad on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

enjoy the ability to put transmission in 3rd gear and not need to worry about shifting when getting on the freeway. 2.3l engine pulls great from 3000 to over 6000 rpm. does reqire some finess when using full throttle at low speeds and turning more than a couple degrees. seats a little too hard or stiff for my taste when taking a several hour drive.

Focus review
By domain11 on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Steering is very hard to contol at low speed with full acceleration. Mechanincal windows hard to crank. Car is fun to drive, has plenty of power, get reasonable milage(28.5)

Red_Bird
By scjenk on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have put 6100 miles on it in 3 months and have no problems to report. The car is very quiet comparded to it's competition, and rides good for a small car. This is the best handling car I have ever driven, handles like an expensive sports car. Needs more power, especially when coupled to the automatic. Gas milage is a little disappointing, averaging 26 MPG for mostly highway driving.

Reliable and fun to drive
By carlos1 on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was somewhat dubious about the Focus after reading certain comments about earlier models but after 6 months and 11000 miles I've had no problems at all. Drives very well, feels sturdy and looks good (hatchback.) So far it seems like a really good deal. More fun to drive than the Japanese competition.

Focus is the new Model T
By mczcoke on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ford Focus has got to be the best buy for the dollar around, from peformance handling to all around styling and driving charisma. No other company can touch the aftermarket power Ford has poured into the compact street racer forums and minds of the young individual alike and still get outstanding mileage out of it. A+++++

Great Car at a Reasonable Price
By HosMan on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase a new car every two to three years. I am amazed at how well this car is put together and how well it designed inside and out. Granted I have only driven it for 2000 miles but I like it more each day. It is loaded with little features that are usually only found in more expensive models. The sound system is great. If you need a good puddle jumper for under $13,000, this is your car.

Fabulous Focus
By danielle71 on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very reliable, sporty and fun to drive. It's a great car!

Great car for the money
By Melinda Dawson on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is zippy for the price. Nice styling and easy to drive. Hate the seat setup as I can't adjust the wheel and accelerator distance to match my body... but other than that have no complaints