Used 2003 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Focus is the new Model T
By mczcoke

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ford Focus has got to be the best buy for the dollar around, from peformance handling to all around styling and driving charisma. No other company can touch the aftermarket power Ford has poured into the compact street racer forums and minds of the young individual alike and still get outstanding mileage out of it. A+++++

Performance and ride appeal, i feel as though I am part of the car.

No need for improvement

Great Car at a Reasonable Price
By HosMan

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase a new car every two to three years. I am amazed at how well this car is put together and how well it designed inside and out. Granted I have only driven it for 2000 miles but I like it more each day. It is loaded with little features that are usually only found in more expensive models. The sound system is great. If you need a good puddle jumper for under $13,000, this is your car.

I like its design inside and outside. It is unique but not weird. My power premium model is just loaded with super features. The audio system sounds great and includes a six CD changer and even auto volumn control.

Add scotch guard to seats. Larger brakes would be nice but not necessary.

What an oustanding vehicle
By ajpuckett

2003 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 5 months and 6000 miles I am very happy with this car. The best thing about it by far is its exceptional handling. It is so much fun to drive that I often drive it unnecessarily. The acceleration is nothing to write home about but about as good as all the other cars in this class. The sound system rocks even without the six-speaker/subwoofer/6-disc changer upgrade. I can only imagine how great the other system sounds. It gets great fuel economy, I average about 33 mpg on the highway and 25 in the city. I test drove almost 10 different cars in this class before choosing a Focus, and only Mazda Protege came close to being this much fun to drive.

Looks and feels luxurious with leather-wrapped steering wheel, 16-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels, and rear spoiler. Exceptional handling makes it a joy to drive. Great sound system and fuel economy. I recommend it to anyone, especially young drivers/first-time buyers.

Iím disappointed that some of my favorite standard features on the '03 ZTS are now an option package on the '04, although they did give it the better 2.3 L engine. Glad I bought it in '03. Fix the MP3 player so that it starts the song where you left off when you restart the car.

Fabulous Focus
By danielle71

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very reliable, sporty and fun to drive. It's a great car!

Great gas mileage!

The seats could be more comfortable.

Fun for the Money
By Sulyman

2003 Ford Focus SVT 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a very fun car. My only complaint is the low end torque. It is a little sluggish at low RPM's. Other that that, way to go SVT.

6 sp trans.