Used 2003 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2003 SE with Zetec & auto
By Koolaid Kid

2003 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nicely equipped for a reasonable price. Peppy Zetec engine, lots of features too (e.g. cruise, power everything, cd changer in the dash). Handles well for an economy sedan, have to keep remembering to drive safely. Smooth ride, fairly quiet on the road. Comfortable seats, but hard to reach the wheel when the seat is all the way back (6-1, 230 lbs). I was hesitant due to reliability and build quality reputation, hope I am not disappointed like some Focus owners.

Price, features, interior & trunk room. 6 disc changer.

Auto trans slips too much on 1-2 shift. Center console gets in the way of seat belt and hand brake. Gas mileage is disappointing, avg. 24 mpg. Cartoonish exterior. Trunk does not pop up when unlocked, so you can't tell it's open. Frequency response of tuner is very poor.

Red_Bird
By scjenk

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have put 6100 miles on it in 3 months and have no problems to report. The car is very quiet comparded to it's competition, and rides good for a small car. This is the best handling car I have ever driven, handles like an expensive sports car. Needs more power, especially when coupled to the automatic. Gas milage is a little disappointing, averaging 26 MPG for mostly highway driving.

Handling, handling, handling.....

Needs more torque for use with automatic.

Love my Ford Focus
By Patricia Lejsek

2003 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was not looking for a Focus when I went to get a car. Due to the dealer not having the car I really wanted on the lot, I chose to get a 2003 Ford Focus, brand new, right off the show room floor. I love my Focus, and will be driving it for a long while before I get another car.

It is very good on gas milage. I love the room and the roomy trunk.

I wish my car had of come with a spoiler, as I have saw some with them since I perchased my Focus, they look very sharp with spoilers on them. I will most likely order a spoiler for my car some times in the near future.

Great Car
By Bean

2003 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wonderful car, no problems, very fun to drive

heated seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

none

Reliable and fun to drive
By carlos1

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was somewhat dubious about the Focus after reading certain comments about earlier models but after 6 months and 11000 miles I've had no problems at all. Drives very well, feels sturdy and looks good (hatchback.) So far it seems like a really good deal. More fun to drive than the Japanese competition.

Drives great. Really like the design.

The drivers seat should be better designed. Gas mileage seems like it should be a little better for a small car.