2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Love my 2001 ZTS
By maj123 on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'd consider the SVT model if they do a 2004 model.

experience has been bad
By JennyGieck on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SE Comfort 4dr Sedan w/Zetec (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

over the last 3 yrs I'v had to replace the tires annualy as least they have had 14+ recalls! My ignition went out and cost $500 to replace the windows roll the wrong way snow dents the door! The exterior window control plastic covers fell off overall my focus has been nothing but trouble oh and my brakes have had to been replaced twice just be cautious

MY EXCITEMENT OVER MY 2003 FORD ZX3
By EXCITED 2003 DRIVER on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I AM EXTREMELY PLEASED WITH MY FORD FOCUS ZX3... IT IS THE MOST FUN VEHICLE I HAVE EVER PURCHASED AND THE MOST FUN ONE TO DRIVE AS WELL.. THE HANDLING IS AWESOME- LIVING IN A PART OF THE NORTHEAST WHERE WE GET ALOT OF SNOW THIS CAR HANDLES TERIFICALLY THRU IT....I HAVE DRIVEN OTHER CARS IN THE SNOW AND NONE OF THEM PREFORMED AS WELL AS THIS ONE DID...IT IS A SOLID CAR AND BUILT WELL.. AND I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A NEW CAR..I MYSELF HAVE NEVER BEEN A BIG FORD PERSON BUT THEY HAVE SINCE CHANGED MY MIND AND WILL BUY ANOTHER ONE WHEN THE TIME COMES ALONG ANYONE LOOKING FOR A NEW CAR PICK UP ONE OF THESE U WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED... I WASEN'T

DON'T MAKE A MISTAKE
By Focus2001 on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

YOU HAVE TO BE READY TO $PEND MONEY ON MAINTAINANCE BECAUSE IT STARTS TO BREAKDOWN ONLY AT 20K MILES!!! SO OVER ALL....IT'S NOT A GOOD CAR TO HAVE IF YOU'RE ON LIMITED BUDGET NOR BUSY LIFESTYLE BECUASE YOU WILL SPEND MORE TIME IN THE SERVICE DEPT RATHER THAN GOING ABOUT WITH YOUR LIFE!

Buy This Car!
By sordog on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Moving from a 300M to the Focus SE was scary, but once I drove this car I loved it!. The best handling of any car I have driven. Cruises around 75-80, and gets 28-30 mpg.

So far so good
By Sgomez on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car is very well equipped for the money. Lots of space and nice features everywhere. Power is modest but still the car is fun to drive due to great dynamics. Fuel economy is improving with time. Now its at 23 mpg. So far the only problems experienced is a squicky noise in the rear that I hope the dealership will take care of in the 5K service. The front wheels are always dirty due to fast fading brake pads, but so far the braking power has been adequate and enough. There is storage space everywhere in the cabin. The car feels much larger than it is. Focus is a very good car that Ford consciously failed to make a great car. Only they know why.

Ford is a good car
By Artemenko Aleksandr on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When I saw this vehicle I knew that I'm going to get it. Than I went to dealers to find one. I found a good deal in Ford of Montebello. It's a really beautfull and nice car. Its smooth,fast,nice looking vehicle. I love it. It was a good experience!!! thank u Ford.

Disapointed
By Bubba5 on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Thought the gas mileage would be better...I average 20 mpg...the driver's seat is terribly uncomfortable after 20 minutes of driving...I had to take it to ford to replace the seat cover after 10,000 miles...the metal frame cut through the cover...maybe I just got a bad seat cause other reviewers seem to like these seats...automatic is sluggish...needs more power and better brakes

Yep, it's great!
By KChrW on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In 5 months we put just over 12,000 miles on our Focus ZX3. This is an outstanding car. So far not had a single problem. Gas milage is outstanding. Sometimes just over 30 miles to the gallon. The driving position is excellent, trunk capacity astounding, build quality very good, the tilt/telescoping fat leather steering wheel exceptional and the Focus is a blast to drive. It has power windows, mirrors and even remote door locks and trunk release. We bought over the internet for $2500.-- off the sticker.It was worth it not to have to deal with sleazy salespeople, who don't have a clue about the product they are selling.

Best in class
By ESommers on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SE Comfort 4dr Sedan w/Zetec (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The best entry compact vehicle at a good price. Offers everything Toyota can without unreasonably increasing the price.