2003 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Not bad so far
By BadAndy on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Good: Spacious Front/Trunk. Premium Sound with mp3/cd player. Thoughtful moveable driver hand rest/item bin. Power everything AND Cruise control. 6 speed int. wiper. 24/27 mpg w AC, 30/33 mpg w/o AC. Low/Mid highway road noise. The Bad: Gear change hangs/jerks from zero to low-very annoying, thoughtful hand rest not so thoughtful for bigger people (gets in way of seatbelt buckle when down). Trunk lid doesnÂ’t pop all the way up, gets very uncomfortable after long period of driving. The Ugly: The gear change ratio makes an otherwise very peppy, sprightly car feel grossly underpowered.

I LIKE IT!
By Nizoral1 on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought my new ztw wagon today for 13900 including all rebates from ford and dealer. tt control 6 disc changer you name it. Nows the time to buy that leftover. Cant beat the price msrp 19200. 13900 WOW Just cant beat the price for anything close to the wagon!

Getting Better / Like it more.
By "L" on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'am back !!! Mileage has improved somewhat. City mpg from a low of 20 (wife driving it)to 24 and 25-30 in the highway. I got a cool 30mpg this past weekend. I did the same trip as when it was new back in Nov 1st. I got 24.9 then. Did not use the AC this time (It was cold) 70-75 mph. Noise level on newly paved roads is more tolerable. Can carry a ton of stuff in the back with seats down. Love that RDS on my radio.I Hear 2004 has 19 more ponies? and better mileage ? Test drove the Toyota Prius, great car but I can put alot of gas in my Focus with the $8k+ difference in price.

A Ford able
By Mano-man on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Need to replace a 1996 Dodge caravan (money pit). A friend of my wife had just bought a Focus wagon and she loved it. So we went and had a look. Nice style, comfortable seats, good visibility, plenty of power, and nice extras. Test drove it in town and out on the highway and was amazed at the fine handling in the mountains. As for power I'm happy as this is my wife's car, but the power is there. On driving it home I was shocked that I was well over the speed limit when I looked at the speedo for the first time. Decided to use cruise control until I got the feel for it 's speed. So if your looking for a nice wagon look no futher.

FOCUS ZTW A-OK
By raiderrick on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

OK, only had it for a month, but so far, so good. Lots of pull from the Zetec and it sticks to the road like glue with the Pirellis. Bonus cross beams (luggage rack) on delivery were a surprise. RR

Ford Focus Rocks
By tonya byrum on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was scepticle about buying my new Focus wagon. I worried that I would tire of it quickly and worried that I might not find it sporty enough. But, I absolutely love it. I have never been happier with an auto purchase.

I love it
By Livin' in Wahiawa on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Taking advantage of good incentives (including the Costco Program), my wife and I purchased a new 2003 Focus Wagon. She had test driven an Ion, a Civic, and an Echo (and of course, her old Escort), and loved the ride, power, handling, lines, comforts, space and overall style of her new car. I've driven it a bit, and I confess I like it better than my '98 Saturn SL2.

Go slow to enjoy!!
By Big "L" on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought my ZTW and took a small trip across the state. The cars handles well but the noise level at highway speed is terrible, I had to constantly raise the volume of the radio in order to hear it. At city driving speeds it's more tolerable.On my first tank of gas which was this trip I got 24.9mpg mostly 65-80 mph. I was hoping for better gas mileage, since Ford Web site says 26-36. Sticker says 25-30, who is lying??One good thing is that I got it for an out the door price of $14,300.00 Maybe because it was 8-31-2003 ?? Save thousands compared to Matrix-Vibe (less trunk).

Nice utility vehicle
By RWiggler on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Over all a good vehicle and value. I have had no major problems with this vehicle so far.

Best car on the road today!
By Smcyr on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Wagon ZTW 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second Focus Wagon I have owned. After a major front end collision in my 2001 Focus Wagon and all 5 passengers walking away from a car with 10" of the front of the car pushed into the engine, not a bit of the interior passenger compartment was moved. The entire compartment remained intact and except for bruising and a few scrapes, we escaped unharmed. This proved safety to me and was the reason I went right for another Focus wagon when I replaced the original one! This car is build well and constructed for those of us in the Baby Boomer generation, a good thing! I love my car!